In an instant, my sweet Rebekah joined her last year...
In an instant, we received a phone call that shook our world last Tuesday.
Your mother and niece. Car T-boned. Get here quickly.
As we were racing to the ER, I was thinking of this verse:
Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life?
You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
James 4:14
And even though I had knots in my stomach, a peace filled my soul because I knew my Mom knew Him.
My desire is that you know Him, also.
God was so merciful. Mom has a long road ahead of her, but she is still with us.
We are so grateful.

18 joyful people left comments:
You all have been on my heart this week! Praying for your Mom!
Praying for your family now! Thankful God spared your mom's life!
Oh, my friend,
I am praying for you and for your momma...so thankful...
Praying for you and so thankful your mom will be o.k. I love your verse. Our life is like a mist of vapor. my husband and I are learning that.
We had a close call with our little boy while we were in South Dakota. He choked on something and couldn't breathe and we couldn't get it dislodged. He was completely blue and was getting no air at all. I panicked adn cried out to God to protect him and within a few seconds miracoulsly Levi was slowly begining to cry. Within a coulpe more seconds after that he was screaming. It was very scary and makes us realize that life is fragile and there is no guarantee we will be here tomorrow.
I love this verse thanks for sharing.
Susan
I will be praying for your mom, and your family.
Praying for your mom and you! You are right, we are not promised the next second. Praising God today that if I do not get that next second I will meet Jesus face to face. Thank you for sharing this message!
Oh, dear Karen, I'm praying for all of you. So sorry to hear this, and yet, I'm so glad you're eyes are fixed on Him. May He bless you with abundant strength for the days ahead. Love you, dear friend!
Karen, I'm so sorry! I did not know. Praying for your family today.
What a terrifying message, but glad that you could find calm in the midst of it all. Praying for you.
Oh my goodness, Karen...my heart stopped beating when I read about that phone call. Praying for your mom, and praying for you....
I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom & Neice! Bless you for using this as an opportunity to witness.
I am so sorry. I prayed for your mother as I read this. So glad she is going to be OK.
Praying for your mom! I'm so thankful she's going to recover!
praying my dear friend
Will keep your mom in my prayers. *hugs*
These things are sobering reminders, aren't they, that our lives are limited, and we don't know when our time to move on will come. I'm so glad to know your mom is okay. I pray her a speedy recovery.
Praying for her recovery
how are things going????
Post a Comment