Sunday, February 20

Little details...

I don't know if it was seeing a dear, precious sister in Christ obviously physically hurting in church today...
Or if it was because Dale felt the baby move this morning...
Or because I knew we were going to look at Rebekah's new marker after church and I did not have flowers to put in her vase...

I don't know if it was one of those things or all of those things all jumbled up in my heart, but I wept all morning during church service.
And my heart was so heavy to finally see my baby's permanent marker and my stomach was in knots and my head was aching...

But I saw it as soon as we drove and parked, but I didn't want to say anything.
But soon we all saw it...

Someone had left a precious bouquet of flowers in sweet little Rebekah's vase.

I silently thanked God that once again he knew what was in my heart even before I realized it. I was so upset that I didn't pick up flowers for her marker, but I was secretly heavy-hearted about seeing this new marker. I think I was fearful that something would be misspelled or that the permanency would bother me.

But God orchestrated before today to place it on someones heart to put flowers in my baby's vase, instead.

That took my breath away.

So, thank you, dear friend, whoever you are...
And thank you, LORD, for caring about the little details in my life.


" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4

14 joyful people left comments:

Bekah said...

Hugs to you, sweet friend...our God is good. I love how He cares for each detail and I love it that He sent you this precious gift today! I have tears in my eyes just reading...

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

I love the way. He takes care of us. What a beautiful precious detail...what a sweet gift. Thank you for sharing this...so blessed my heart this morning.

Amy said...

What a beautiful gift from God. He gives us so many sweet reminders of his love and presence. Hugs to you and your beautiful family.
Blessings,
Amy

Susan said...

God is so good to take care of all the details for us. Isn't it amazing how he knows what we need and we don't even have to ask.

Elaine said...

What an awesome gift from God. I hope your friend realizes how much God loves her to speak to her heart to supply a need in your life. I know you felt the love of the Father!

Mattie said...

What a blessing! God sure knows how to touch our hearts!

Heather said...

Hugs, friend!

Leanne said...

I have tears running down my face after reading this post.

It's a testimony that God is involved in every detail of our lives and that indeed, He does care about every little thing. Aren't you glad??

I'm so glad my email was beneficial to you. I was a bit apprehensive when I sent it, not knowing how you would view it.....I'm so glad you didn't think I was a freak! I look forward to continuing the conversation with you soon.

Take care. Breathe deep. And feel that baby move in your tummy. What a bittersweet blessing!

Donna said...

What a precious gift God gave you, sweet friend...Praying for you...

Shandrea said...

Just want to send you some hugs and lots of love ;O)

Jennifer said...

This post was so sweet! I love how God just takes care of things for us. Rebekah's marker is so beautiful. I am so sorry you had a rough day. Sending hugs your way!

Holly said...

how very sweet :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I love that he met your needs, even the smallest of details. He is good to us!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

What a beautiful marker! I just adore her name and that verse is perfect.

I continue to give thanks to God for His mercies. He always knows what we need when we need it!

Much love,
Marsha

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios