Wednesday, January 19

Replenishing...

 A few months ago my sweet OBGYN told Dale and I,

" God doesn't replace, but replenishes..."


I thought about that phrase a lot...thought about how I never want to replace little Rebekah and the sweet impression she has left in our hearts...

After being told by a former doctor to never get pregnant again, she was our 'faith ' baby. We decided to listen to God and not man and step out in faith.   I am so glad we did. God blessed us abundantly with little Rebekah and the impact she is having on our family...


But because of our love for her, my heart was longing to love more.

She opened up our hearts and I began praying a very specific prayer.


In October, God answered that specific prayer and blessed us with a wee miracle.
I am still amazed that within a couple of weeks of Rebekah's Heaven Day, God blessed us with another little life.

I am sure Rebekah is smiling from Heaven.


So, yes, God replenishes...my womb, my heart, our faith...

And I just want to praise Him.


I am in my second trimester and Monday we got to see the beautiful ultrasound of our miracle kicking his/her little legs and wiggling around...Amazing...


Thank you, Lord, for replenishing.

Thank you.

20 joyful people left comments:

Karin said...

I LOVE that word, replenish, so much. I love the image, the message. That simple phrase both recognizes whom you've lost, in Rebekah, and looks with hope at this wee one.

I'm a word person, and I'm just thrilled whenever I encounter new words and combinations that convey such meaning.

I like your doctor. :) And YAY for wiggles!!!

Heather said...

Karen- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is fantastic news! Glory to God and I am so very happy for you and your family!!!! I'm praying for you and that sweet, sweet baby!

My life said...

I am over the moon excited for you. What a blessing you have in that sweet one in your womb, and the blessing you have in heaven. Thinking of you, Rebekah, and the one within. Blessings and hugs!!!!

Susan said...

Oh I am so excited for you. Thank you for posting about this because as I get closer I have been struggling with feelings about not wanting to replace Elias. This is great it spoke directly to me.

So happy for you, Susan

belle said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ashleigh said...

Karen I am so happy for you & Dale! I can't wait to see your little wiggly papoose! What an awesome God we have!

Elisabeth said...

2011 is the year for miracles! I am so thrilled for your family :)

Sarita Boyette said...

Congratulations - how exciting! I love the way your doctor put it, too. This is the second announcement I've read tonight! So happy for you and your family.

Trisha said...

YES!!!!!!!!!! Praise You, Lord, for your goodness and mercy to sweet Karen! Oh, friend, I am so, so, happy for you. Words can't explain how my heart is rejoicing! Love you!

Donna said...

Praising the Lord with you, my friend!

Love you!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness!!!!! That is wonderful news!!!! I am very happy for you guys! I so love that God replenishes instead of replaces. Nothing could ever replace our sweet babies! Thank you for sharing such wonderful news today!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is wonderful news! Praying for you friend! And I love that....God replenishes! Yes, He does!

Elaine said...

Congratulations!!!! What wonderful news! I love this...God replenishes! No, we cannot ever, nor would we want to replace our precious ones. I had never thought of that word in reference to having another child. God did this for us in the sweet young lady that entered our life almost one year from our 21 yr. old daughter's home going to the Lord. She was 16, needed a stable home and a loving family.She became our daughter. She is now married and we are grandparents. :)God indeed does replenish!

Shandrea said...

Congratulations again and sending you lots of love.

Holly said...

I love that quote!!

I'm happy to hear of your little one!!!

Gardenia said...

I've been away from your blog too long and missed this glorious announcement. I love the quote and I'm praising God with you,

crystal theresa said...

congratulations, that is wonderful :). Replenish is a beautiful word.

~*Kristina_Marie*~ said...

I am praying for you guys...and so very happy! :) Yay! How exciting that day must have been--to see the newest addition to your family wiggling around to say hello on the ultrasound.

Anchored By Hope said...

I don't know where I have been or how I missed this, but Karen, I'm in tears, overflowing with praise for God's blessing in your life. I am so touched by your sweet perspective of life, and so thrilled with your news. Love you friend...

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

I love that... replenishes... this is exactly what I needed to hear this morning!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios