Wednesday, May 25

What I have been doing...

Thank you to all that have emailed me asking me about how I am doing. I can't believe it has been this many weeks since I last posted.  I really wanted to use this blog as a way to document and honor little Rebekah's life and update the happenings of the rest of my sweet family, but I have felt I have entered a season of 'quietness.' Maybe because of the anticipation of our little girl...maybe because I can't grasp the words to describe this myriad of emotions I am experiencing. Whatever the reason, I have not felt like I had anything poignant to say (not that I ever did ;) ). However, I know I will look back some day and wish I blogged those in-between times. So here it goes....


We are so humbled and grateful about how this pregnancy is going.

I have felt so great with this pregnancy and I have had a good doctor report the last few visits. I passed my glucose test (which I failed with Rebekah) and my blood pressure has remained steady, unlike my last pregnancy where I was on partial bedrest by this time. I am amazed at how God has found favor with me thus far. And I am grateful, so very, very grateful...


We have a doctor's appointment this Thursday where we will probably go ahead and schedule my c-section. It looks like that will happen in a little over seven weeks. I have been cleaning and painting under the pretense of getting our house ready to put on the market after the baby gets here. But a friend remarked that I am in the nesting mode. That made me cry because I didn't realize that was what I have been doing. I have tried to not let myself hope and dream too much for this baby, that I didn't realize that I was nesting. Needless to say that sort of 'broke the ice' and I have ventured out and even have made a space in our room for the baby bed. I don't know if I can have Dale bring the bed down just, yet. I think that may be a bittersweet moment. I just continue to pray for God's strength and lean on Him as I continue to hold my breath.

Hopefully, I will have more news after my doctor's visit Thursday. Right now we are bracing for some very severe weather in our area, so I need to get prepared for that.

Have a great rest of the week=)....

10 joyful people left comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well! *hugs*

Donna said...

Oh, my sweet friend, you are a treasure! I am so glad to read your post...and so thankful that you are feeling really well!

Continuing to pray for you and your sweet little one...

Susan said...

Praying for you as you get to the end. I remember all those feelings. I laid on my bed and cried when my water broke this time and looked at my midwife and said,"I am really going to have this baby." I was still protecting my heart. I am still in awe of how God worked the pregnancy and delivery to be very uneventful. Uriah is such a good an deasy going baby, makes me want to have another one. HEE HEE.
Can't wait to meet your little girl.
Susan

Elaine said...

Enjoyed this post. I am asking the Lord to bring you and your sweet baby to my mind each day to pray for you.

Heather said...

Praying for you...and for this sweet baby on the way. May God continue to go before you in all the wonderful ways and details like He already has. He is so good that way!

Ashleigh said...

oh Karen. So good to hear from you. I'm glad you are feeling well & passed the glucose. I pray that you are holding a sweet squirmy bundle in 7 weeks :)

Karin said...

I am so glad to hear you're doing well! Your little girl will be here SO soon...exciting and scary. Definitely praying. Now I need to do one of these update posts... :)

Kat said...

Just wanted to say thanks for the comment you left on my last post. I was almost afraid to post those 2. I am so thankful for your encouraging words and God definitely used them to speak to me today. I have never been in this situation before, in the past the only reason for stepping back from friendships was because those friends where doing/going somewhere I wasn't willing to go. It's very different to just step back because of simple differences (none of which are bad)
I am learning that there are good paths and then there are even greater paths. Sure I will be just fine on the current path but maybe God has something even greater on a different path.

Thanks again for your encouragement.... you and your family are such a blessing!

Unknown said...

It's so great to hear from you, and am so glad to hear that everything is moving along well!!!

Holly said...

I am very happy to read things are going so well w/ your pregnancy!!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios