Friday, May 27

Happenings...

Thank you all for the sweet encouraging comments. We had a good doctor report! It looks like we have set the date for July 11th. Wow. Now it seems so real. There were a few tears shed at the doctor office as I realized how close we are to holding our baby girl=).

I finally got some photos uploaded from this past week. I think I am finally (after two years;) ) figuring out Picasa.


Our Awana's Award ceremony was last Wednesday. I am so proud of all the kids working diligently on their verses. My oldest, Dale and I were leaders this year and were so blessed by the children hiding God's Word in their hearts. My 13 year old 'graduated' out this year, but wanted to finish his goal of completing all the Awana books. So all year he worked on his book while memorizing his verses for his other young men's class. The smile on his face when he received the Timothy Award was precious. The verses he now has in his heart is priceless!

We kicked on the summer this week with our church's summer program, Gold Rush. Wednesday night was a carnival and the kids had a blast.



My oldest (on the far left) and her three friends worked on the backdrop for the program.
 Didn't they do a great job?


This was my youngest favorite activity...the Cupcake Walk.
Well, that and the cotton candy booth. That cotton candy was so yummy that I wanted to crawl my prego self into that machine and cover myself in sticky goodness=).



And last night T and S passed their Taekwondo testing. T is now a third degree black belt and S a brown belt. No wimpy girls in our house...well, except me;).
I will say, however, that the two girls did spend thirty minutes before testing painting and manicuring their toenails since they would be barefoot all night.
I guess they are a little bit girly, afterall=).







Well, I hope you have a great three day weekend. I am having a garage sale tomorrow, so I better go and get busy...Have a blessed day!

4 joyful people left comments:

Susan said...

I love the AWANA program. My 12 year old got her Timothy this year and I am so proud of her. Tell you son congrats, that is huge accomplishment.
Susan

 The Morris Family said...

It is getting closer!!!!! I know there is excitement as well as a bit of apprehension. And I know also that HE will be Faithful to you with all the emotions and feelings you are having!!!

Enjoy the sweet time, like we all know, infants grow quickly to bouncy toddlers and then time swiftly takes us to adulthood, and then God blesses them with lovely wives and wonderful husbands. Its all a joy!!!!

Cindy

Trisha said...

Sweet Karen,
It will be here before you know it! I'm so excited for you and will be marking the date on my calendar and praying!!! Much love to you, dear sister!

Donna said...

July 11th...wow, that is really close, and so very exciting! I'm praying for you, sweet friend...and I know that God will give you peace as you get closer to that date.

I love that your girls took time to make sure their toes looked pretty! :)

Hugs~

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios