Monday, August 29

Baby Dedication and renovating

Yesterday was Samantha's Baby Dedication. We were so blessed to have both Dale and my side of the family attend. We coordinated the dedication with my brother and his wife's visit from Tennessee.


In other happenings, I feel a little overwhelmed with pumping and school and renovating our new house. What were we thinking buying a house with everything else going on? Ha.

 Here are some pictures of my kitchen that is being renovated. I am having the cabinets painted white and we are getting granite countertops and a new backsplash. I am also having all the wallpaper removed and walls repainted. I'll post pictures as soon as we are completed.

(Before the demolition with our contractors in the picture)

The house is double the size of our current home, but the kitchen is not very big.
I hope, though, we will create many happy memories in this kitchen.

We are also painting all the rooms and replacing all the toilets. I am a germ freak, so that was non-negotiable=). The person before us loved wallpaper and the color purple. The bathrooms' wallpaper are hideous, but that project will have to wait.
                                                        (Very dated kids' bathroom)
                                                    (Dated guests' bathroom)
(Our bathroom. The owner loved purple!)

Well, I will hopefully post pictures as we progress. Hope I survive=)!


7 joyful people left comments:

Bekah said...

I think I could really love that tub in the bottom picture. WOWZA!!!

Elaine said...

Nice house. It will all come together. Love baby dedications. Sweet picture.

Lori said...

What a beautiful home, even dated, ha ha!! Bet it will be just spectacular when you are done!

What a blessing (literally!) for your family to be able to be together for sweet little Samantha's dedication! xoxoxo

Donna said...

Congratulations on your new home! How exciting! :)

Hope you have a great day, Karen.

Karin said...

That's a lot of wallpaper! I'm sure you'll enjoy all of the space, regardless of what the walls look like. :) So glad you had a happy dedication day!

Leanne said...

Praise God for beautiful Samantha!

You CAN survive the renovation! Just get a good book and spend lots of time with it! HA!!

Lots of love to you.

Susan said...

Wow I can't wait to see the pictures when everything is finished. I wish our house would sell so we could do some remoldeling.

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios