Monday, August 15

One month!

Last week we celebrated Miss Samantha's one-month birthday. I still can't believe how blessed I am! I want to pinch myself to see if this is real. She has brought so much joy into my heart!!


She is starting to be more alert and will focus on your face for longer periods of time. She is such an easy going baby. She loves to be swaddled at night and enjoys her bouncer seat during the day.

I am still having to pump to make sure she is getting enough. This can get me down if I let it, but I have so much to be grateful for that I don't want to let the enemy steal my joy. I know all too well what the alternative can be...

Well, it is feeding and snuggling and kissing and more kissing time....:)!

Blessings,

10 joyful people left comments:

Susan said...

Wow one month already. Time goes so fast. My little guy is already 5 and a half months. She looks so cute in this picture.

Gardenia said...

Karen, your little Samantha is a beautiful little person -- look at that expression!!! oh bless her heart, and yours!!

Elaine said...

She is so cute!!! Enjoy each day with her.

Ashleigh said...

She is beautiful as can be! Don't let the nursing get you down. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Do the best you can, then decide what is best for you family. You & she will both be fine no matter what.

Leanne said...

My favorite part of her picture is her tiny feet....

She is so fabulous.....

I love your grateful and thankful heart.

God bless you, sweet friend.

Molly said...

Happy one month birthday, Samantha! She is so beautiful!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Oh my word with the sweetness!

Holly said...

She is darling!

Trisha said...

She's beautiful, Karen!! So nice to see this picture. I've been out of town for a bit. How lovely to catch up. Many blessings upon you, my friend.

Lori said...

Just precious. Precious. Precious!

I feel you on the pumping/nursing/making sure she gets enough. I was doing the same for about 3 months with Luke. Supplementing with a little dropper, like a baby bird. Pumping 8-10 times a day, in addition to nursing 8-10 times a day. HUGE fan of breast milk, of course...but the nursing, OY!

It was hard. Hard. Hard. Tiring. Exhausting. Worse when people told me, "It'll get easier!" and it never seemed to.

But it did...mostly...and you are right...even if it didn't, I'd take it ANY.DAY. LOVE you not giving that devil one bit of a foothold!
xoxo

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios