Tuesday, December 13

Off the page

Sometimes I feel swallowed up by life.

Have you ever felt that way?

There is a situation that I have been praying over for close to four months now. And I have been waiting for God to answer. Sometimes I want to tap my 'microphone' and say, "Is this thing on? Do you hear me, Lord?"

Sometimes I want to give up and stop praying. What is the use? If He would give me an inclination, any evidence that He is moving, maybe I could hold onto that hope...

I know He wants me to persevere. I know that my timing is not His timing. I know that sometimes we have to wait for an answer. I know this. I know this all with my head, but my heart is still not convinced.


So, for four months I have been focused on that "spot on the paper." I have gone over that spot so many times in my mind that I have worn a hole in the paper. Oblivious to all the "writings" around me.

The writings of His love for me. Of Him desiring the best for me. Of His plans for me...plans to prosper and not to harm me...


As I was reviewing  our Christmas pictures on my computer, this came on screen...

So precious.

And a still small voice reminded me of my prayer not too long ago. A prayer I prayed for longer than four months. A prayer that sometimes I wondered if truly my microphone was really on.

 And then came the answer.

 An answer beyond anything I could imagine all wrapped up in a warm pink bundle with a toothless smile.


Thank you, Lord, for that reminder today.
 You are faithful.

I just need to look off the page.

" Remember His marvelous works which He has done,
His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth..."
Psalm 105:5




6 joyful people left comments:

Bekah said...

I so needed this today. Thank you and hugs to you!!

Elaine said...

Enjoyed your post. It is easy to look at the problem rather than the One who can solve that problem. So glad for the reminder of His faithfulness that He gave you! And she is indeed beautiful!!

Jennifer said...

He used your words today! I needed to read this! Merry Christmas!

Karen said...

I too needed this today! Thank you so much for sharing! Bless
you!

Lori said...

So true, isn't it? Just needing to be open to His signs and His affirmations. I just feel like they are screaming at me these days, and even though I feel so confused about some things, I get the overall feeling of peace.

Which just doesn't make sense, except that it's ALL.GOD!

xoxoxoxoxo

Paula Bean said...

I call it tunnel vision. Thank you for the post.

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios