It has been a while and I have not be very good about blogging lately, so I don't know if anyone reads my blog anymore. I am trying to decide what role blogging plays in my life during this season. So, until I decide to abandon this all together, I 'll just keep on posting...random thoughts I am sure.
I'll start with ten things that pop in my head right now:).
1). I am reading this book:
What a challenging, witty and confirming book this has been. I am driving Dale nuts as I keep repeating lines and internal dialogues the author has throughout this book. Most of the time I read books super fast, but I have been slowly savoring this book for over a week, now (my record...except "To Kill a Mockingbird" that has stretched over months. I keep reading the same paragraphs over and over and get frustrated and toss it back down...grrr...).
2). Samantha loves avocados. Devours them. I think they smell like feet. Which brings me to number three...
3). I dislike feet. So summertime and flip-flop season is fun for me. Not.
4). I was blessed to get money from my birthday which I am hoarding. I do this every year, wanting to spend it on something indulgent. But usually I just swipe it little by little for McD's teas until it is all gone.
5). I finally finished cleanly out my closet tonight and piled all my maternity capris in the giveaway pile. I thought I could sneakily wear them this summer, but I realized I have stretched the "back porch" out too much to pass as "normal" capris. I cried a little 'cause they were SO comfortable.
6). Some friends and I are going through this book once a month:
Well, today my family (not me 'cause the smell of that Fels Naptha was stin.k.y!) made homemade laundry soap at my mom's.
I hope my HE washing machine doesn't explode or suds overtake my laundry room like that episode of The Brady Bunch where Bobby was overtaken by laundry bubbles.
7). We have had Mexican every night this week. I didn't plan it that way, but wasn't paying attention. Then we went out to eat Friday night to, you guessed it, Mexican. My kids politely asked me to not have Mexican for a long while.
8). I always crave Mexican when I am pregnant. Which made me think this week...hmmm...but I am not:).
9). While helping my daughter prepare for college and visiting campuses, I secretly wished I could go back. Without having to take the exams, or writing notes, or sitting through boring lectures, or lugging a backpack around...Nah...what was I thinking?
10). I just got up to get something in the kitchen and smelled something stin.k.y from the laundry room. Fels Naptha! I don't think I am going to be able to endure this homemade laundry detergent experiment:).

5 joyful people left comments:
I read :)
I make homemade soap powders too!
I have used dail soap before worked just as good!
It also works well in my HE washer!
Try your favorite soap brand I think any should work,also you can add DoTerra Essential Oil to your liking! Hope I helped cause making it can save money, which you can use for sweet teas!
I made the laundry detergent a few months ago but used Ivory instead since that is what I had. It should be fine in HE washers though. I LOVE the money it has saved us.
And summer time & flip flops = LOVE. Except I really need to paint my toes :)
Enjoy your week!
I read!! I read this the day you posted it, actually and was in a hurry and intended to come back and comment...and forgot! So here I am now. I love this post!!!
I worked with a guy who was so freaked out by feet and he was just like you - HATED summer. He didn't even like hearing the old Sandi Patty song "Beautiful Feet." I mean not that we tortured him by singing it or anything....
I dislike MY feet - and it freaks me out when I have to unpolish my toes to REpolish them. I almost can't stand it.
You are too funny, my sweet friend! I love your spontaneity! Good for you getting your closet cleaned out. Isn't that a great feeling? :)
Have a wonderful week, and hopefully that homemade soap works out well for you. I have all the ingredients to make some of my own, except a large container. Hopefully soon...and then I will probably blog about it.
As always, I enjoyed my visit here today!
Blessings~
WOW!!!! I am reading that book too!!!! Have you read Jen's first one...Interrupted? You will love it too! Her husband, Brandon, spoke at our church.
Post a Comment