Thursday, May 31

Testing and Such

It's June! Can you believe it?


Tonight I was cleaning out my nightstand and ran across several journals that were half completed. It was fun, but also sad to see what I would write about my children and the funny (and sometimes poignant) things they would say. Why do I find it difficult to maintain a journal? I know it would mean a lot to me when my kids are grown. 


Do you keep a journal? If so, how do you make yourself write in it and not toss it aside?


In other news, we now have four black belts in the house! WhoopS tested and passed this Thursday at Taekwondo testing.  Here she is with her brother and instructor.





And we were finally able to put two pigtails on Samantha. This picture reminds me so much of my baby picture. My Mom loved putting my hair in pigtails.


Today has been one of those 'heavy sigh' days. I spent a lot of time apologizing to those I have felt I have done wrong and then spending time throughout the day in prayer. It is easy to feel defeated, and I admit, many , many times throughout the day I did feel defeated. But I was reminded of 1 John 1:9...


 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.



I am so grateful that I can run to One who has His arms open wide, ready to forgive, and bury my head in His chest and tell Him all my struggles and ickiness. And that He doesn't condemn, but loves and directs me in the way I should go. 


How humbling to know we serve a God that forgives...



3 joyful people left comments:

Bekah said...

Always good to see a post from you!

I love to journal and until this past month (rough inner patch that left me with no motivation to write anything) I love to do it every day! I love going back later to read my thoughts...and sometimes I use them in writing I do. Mostly though...it's just my outlet. Gets the thoughts out of my head, and I need that!

As always - you have the cutest kids! :) Hugs and smiles!

trennia said...

I am so glad we have a God in heaven that forgives us and we can run into His open arms!

Elaine said...

Love Samantha's hair...so very cute.

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios