Monday, June 17

Checking in

So, it has been a while since I have posted about where I am with Rebekah...Sometimes all my thoughts just get jumbled up in my heart, that nailing them down on paper seems impossible and daunting. I am in a good place. God has immeasurably poured grace in every nook and cranny of my heart, that it just overflows on most days. But some days my heart longs for that tiny little miracle. To see her face once again. To smell her hair. To feel her hands. And here lately that is where I have been dwelling for a little longer than maybe I have in a long time. I am sure it is because I see Samantha growing so fast and just want to gobble her and her mannerisms up at this stage of her life. It causes me to float back to the thoughts of what I am missing with Rebekah.

So, what do I think I want to share with this post? Maybe compassion. And Hope.To remind others that even though their loss may be a while ago, that doesn't mean they are over it. I am not. But I chose to daily cling to the hope I have in Christ. I have extreme compassion in others' grief journeys, but I have learned to gentle remind them of the Hope of the One who will one day make all things new.

Humbly,

3 joyful people left comments:

Bekah said...

So many hugs to you, dear friend. Don't ever get over her. Heal up as God grants, but don't ever get over the miracle she was and is. What a story He's written with her life.

belle said...

:) i have a 13 yr old in heaven.... and a 12 yr old, a 7 yr old, and an almost 4 yr old.... i never stop thinking of them or missing them either.

though i enjoy every day that He gives me here, i continually feel as if i'm simply in the waiting room to get to the party! :) and oh what a party it is!!!

Lattegems said...

Love and hugs....
(E-hugs, at least)

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios