Well, we have finally thawed out and started to smell spring in the air this week.
That makes me so giddy...I love spring (except the tornadoes that come with it)!
We are trying catch up with school after being off a few days from the snow. Usually I try to do school during snow days, but this time I decided to lighten up and allow the children to enjoy God's gift to them. Even though they didn't stay outside very long, I knew that this opportunity would be fleeting and I wanted them to enjoy what moments they have=).
For Valentine's Day, Dale and I usually spend the day with the children. This year we have a marriage conference followed by a banquet to attend to celebrate a little later, so Monday night was about speading some love to our children.
I always get new pjs for them and little gifts.
That makes me so giddy...I love spring (except the tornadoes that come with it)!
We are trying catch up with school after being off a few days from the snow. Usually I try to do school during snow days, but this time I decided to lighten up and allow the children to enjoy God's gift to them. Even though they didn't stay outside very long, I knew that this opportunity would be fleeting and I wanted them to enjoy what moments they have=).
For Valentine's Day, Dale and I usually spend the day with the children. This year we have a marriage conference followed by a banquet to attend to celebrate a little later, so Monday night was about speading some love to our children.
I always get new pjs for them and little gifts.
I want to swipe this caterpillar from my six-year-old.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar is my (and his) favorite book!
And with the theme of enjoying my children, every day the boys try to pull me in their room to admire their newest Lego scene. Usually it is the middle of me trying to get dinner on the table=). This week I seized the opportunity and even took pictures of all their scenes.
They were beaming...
And finally we were able to enjoy some bowling time with our cousins.
I wanted to bowl so bad, but Dale nixed that because of my swollen belly=).
And with the theme of enjoying my children, every day the boys try to pull me in their room to admire their newest Lego scene. Usually it is the middle of me trying to get dinner on the table=). This week I seized the opportunity and even took pictures of all their scenes.
They were beaming...
And finally we were able to enjoy some bowling time with our cousins.
I wanted to bowl so bad, but Dale nixed that because of my swollen belly=).


8 joyful people left comments:
I love spring also! It is almost like it brings a sense of renewed hope. So glad you got to enjoy the snow but are now thawing out! How are you feeling? I hope good!
Hmm...I don't yet see any signs of Spring here.
I've been thinking about you every day. Wondering how you and your life are going.
I'm glad everything is going along well for you. Maybe you could do a little pregnancy update??? Just an idea.
Take care of yourself! I mean it! Ha.
Sweet pictures of your kiddos! I have found Valentines Day to be SO much sweeter with children! Praying for you and that sweet baby, too!
Oh, Karen, I'd love to see you with that swollen belly! What an amazing gift from God!
Hugs across the miles, my friend!
Sounds like you had a great week. Haven't been bowling in so long maybe after this baby comes I should do that with the kids.
Yes we are thawing out and i am so thankful.
I smell it! I smell it!! I smell it! I can't wait for it!!!!! Although, it will be 70 tomorrow, it will be 35 the next day! UGH!
Thinking of you lots...and honestly, your children are just beautiful. I love the pictures...they show so much joy in their faces!
xoxo
Today is a beautiful day here on the East Coast...near 60! There are daffodils popping up out of the ground next to my mailbox...spring is definitely on its way! :)
Love the pictures of your children...looks like they had a lot of fun!
Praying for you, sweet friend!
I can't wait for spring, I can feel it coming! :)
I can't believe how grown up your kids are getting, wow. Especially your eldest! Makes me feel old, lol.
Post a Comment