Thanks to everyone who has asked about my pregnancy. We had a doctor's appointment Monday and was able to hear that sweet little girl's heartbeat.
I never stop thanking God for that sound.
So far, I am feeling well. I have been getting in the habit of getting up at around 3 in the morning and I just use that time to have my devotions. Then I am usually able to go back to sleep in about an hour. I enjoy this time with the Lord and actually find myself looking forward to it since the house is quiet (a rarity) and I can bundle up on the couch with my blanket and Bible.
Last night I fought leg cramps all night and remember thinking I really need to start eating more bananas. Then I remembered I wore heels to a shower I helped host at church that night, so I am sure that is why my leg hurts=)/
Here are a few of the non-blurry (ha) pictures I took the last few weeks.
Some of the decorations of the bridal shower I helped host last night.
The cake for rounding up the season for Upward Basketball.
This was such a fun season!
Awana car races.
S, my ten year old, made the Chick-Fil-A car. Hmmm...wonder where she got her love for CFA? Here car won third for speed.
Have a great rest of the week.
S checking in her car.
Well, I hope I am better about updating from now on. Thank you all for your sweet emails and encouragement. I am at a good place right now emotionally, but of course I do have some fears and feel like I am holding my breath until this little girl is in my arms. I wonder if that is a lack of faith, but I do know that I have faith in the LORD that He will walk with me through whatever my future holds. I am just ready for 15 weeks to get here=).
Have a great rest of the week.

5 joyful people left comments:
I've MISSED you! Glad to hear things are going well!! :) Welcome back!
I love to hear all about your recent events...so glad that you are feeling well.
The decorations for the bridal shower look so pretty! :) For some reason I cannot pull up the other pictures...but a CFA car? YUMMMMM! You've made me hungry! ;)
Have a sweet day, my friend~
Donna
Been wondering...glad for the update!! So glad things are going well.
You know, anytime people told me "Just have faith" or insinuated that I didn't have enough faith while I was pregnant with Luke, I got really upset. I totally understood what they meant and they were trying to reassure me, but it was as if my faith or lack thereof had anything to do with either of my babies' lives and I just don't believe that to be the case. I think it is completely Biblical that we as humans have fear about what's up ahead, and that we hope and pray that things turn out the way we want them to...there are lots of men and women more Godly than I in the Bible to prove that. You hit their secret, though---having faith that the Lord will walk you through whatever it is. That's how I felt--I didn't necessarily have faith that I'd definitely bring Luke home (oh, people don't want to hear that! Called me pessimistic, bad energy, negative nelly, etc....) but I held faith that whatever happened, I'd survive. God had already shown me that I could, and I would. I think that's about as much as any human can do. So excited for the next 15 weeks to bring you another sweet little girl as well!!! xoxoxoxo
Sweet Karen,
I'm so glad to hear that all is going well! Praise the LORD!!
I know I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be, but try to enjoy these last weeks and really savor them. It will be over before you know it. I continue to keep you close in my thoughts and prayers, my sweet friend!
Much love to you and your family!
Post a Comment