Friday, April 1

Two are better than one

I really dislike walking.

Really.

I mean, I think sometimes as I go around the track for the eleventh time that I wish someone would just clobber me and put me out of my misery.
Wild pregnant woman thoughts.

But I know it is good for me and the baby.
Besides, my husband drags me on the track every night. He loves me like that=).

Well, last night was no exception and began with my disdaining (is that a word?) thoughts as I threw on some too-little wind-suit pants and an outdated prego shirt. Might as well let my attire match my mood.

Wouldn't you know it? I ran (walked) into a dear friend on that track.
I felt lovely (dripping with heavy sarcasm here), and wanted to crawl under a rock.
But there is no hiding on a track and pretty soon my friend caught up with me.

After the initial "I'm sorry I look like a bum. I usually look much better than this when I walk," we began talking.
And walking.
And before long Dale was motioning me that it was time to go. (He already lapped me three times.)

And I then realized how much I needed that friend that night and how much I forgot about the work I had to do all  because she came beside me and encouraged me.
Do you see where I am going with this?
Warning: Pregnant woman rabbit trail thoughts ahead.

As I was getting ready for bed and thanking God for that friend that came just at the right time, I was reminded at how many times that has happened in my life this past months.

How many times I was discouraged and God would send someone literally to my door. Or I would get a call or an email or an invitation for coffee (tea for me).

I am blessed to have some wonderful friends in my life. Blessed that they came along side me these past few months and loved and encouraged me. Blessed that God knew my heart and knew whom to send my way.

I have gotten to know some of my friends on a far more deeper level these past few months than I have my whole friendship life. That is the good that has come out of my storm. And I don't think I really thanked the LORD for them until last night.

Now, if I could only get them to go walking with me every night;).
That would be the icing on the cake.
Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.
Ecclesiastes 4:9

9 joyful people left comments:

Susan said...

I love how God takes care of all the details in our life. He is an amazing God.
Thank you for the compliment on my blog. I look tired but I feel great.

Holly said...

I'm glad that God brings the right people around when you need them the most

Heather said...

There is such truth in this. So many times I let my natural "introvert" take over and I resist the urges (probably from the Holy Spirit Himself) to get out and be with people...and if I would just do it I know I would be so blessed!!! The Lord made us for fellowship and friendship!!! Thanks for the reminder!! Saying a prayer for you and the baby!

April said...

I love this post, thank you for sharing.
I also thought that "clobber" said "cobbler" and now I am hungry. Must be the breastfeeding hormones lol

Elisabeth said...

I love this post. Today Dan (the dh) and I went to a royal ranger derby where they raced their pinewood cars. And I met this lady and we all got to talking.

We spoke of our children and well they wanted to pray with me about the new baby that will be here in December. After everything that happened with Luke I was scared to death that something would happen with this one too.

But after that prayer a peace came over me.

Anna S. said...

I think it's funny how I have been looking like a bum SO much lately - all I've been wearing are sweat pants and t-shirts because that's all I feel like and that's all that fits me comfortably. But my friends are always so sweet to remind me that I am pregnant and that it's ok to want to feel comfortable. Friends are awesome!

Can't wait to see you in May!

Cassidy said...

How wonderful that a friend caught up with you on the track. I know that had to change you into a happier attitude and a better mind set. I hope this happens very often for you!!!!!

Blessings, Cass

Elaine said...

I love this post. Yes, God does send friends along just when we need them. I have a feeling your friend needed your company and encouragment too. And...I have a feeling she would walk again wth you. Why not ask her?! :)

Anonymous said...

I apologize I am posting so late...way behind on blogs, but love this post. God sends us someone when we need them most *hugs*

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios