Monday, April 18

Getaway

My family and I were able to get away last week to Branson. It will be our last family get away before the baby is born. I loved being with the family, but let me tell you, walking a theme park for two days can be tiresome for a 6 1/2 month pregnant older mommy=).

We joined friends on the first day of Silver Dollar City and that was so much fun! And kudos for everyone that allowed me to park myself on the nearest bench during much of the day=).

Here is Dale and my daughter and her friend on the Silos.

Dale loves roller coasters and all the "thrill" rides. I, on the other hand, think life is thrilling enough without having to go upside down three loops or drop thousands of feet. My children, however, take after their Daddy and love all those scary-heart-pounding rides. I remind them often to check their seat belts because I went to a lot of trouble in bringing them into this world=).
 
The view from our condo was so pretty. We spent a lot of time going on the deck and looking out.


A trip to Branson would not be complete without a trip to the Bass Pro Shop. My youngest thinks this bear is hilarious. Don't ask me why=). Must be a six-year-old thing.
 
And look what greeted me when we got home...my beautiful pink roses in full bloom.

It was a great week, but I'm so glad to be home. Now we are wrapping up the last few weeks of school and getting ready for another end-of-the-school-year garage sale.

We don't watch much TV at our house, so we don't have cable. But I did catch an episode of Hoarders at the condo. Made me want to come home and clean and de-clutter. So that is on my schedule this week=).

5 joyful people left comments:

Bekah said...

I'm with you on the rides. No thrills for me! But I'm glad you got away - and I'm glad you got to see Hoarders. It always makes me feel a tiiny bit better about my own clutter!

Elaine said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! No scary rides for me either!!!

Jennifer said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time! How are you doing? yep, I'm with ya on the resting thing. We went to the zoo for the day before Amelia was born and boy was I pooped! I had to sit quite a bit! Something about being 37 and pregnant??? Love and hugs your way!

Susan said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Get some rest becasue before you know it your little one will be here and once she is here you will not sleep because all you will want to do is stare at her in awe. Uriah has been with us for almost 7 weeks and i still have to pinch myself to make sure i am not dreaming. so excited for you and your family.
Susan

Linda said...

Glad you had a great time! I am not one for rides either I have to day! Have a lovely day!
Hugs

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios