Monday, April 25

How was your Easter?

It was a beautiful day, praising and thanking Jesus for what He did for me.

We took our traditional Easter outfits picture. Whew. That is hard when you have four personalities to work with=). So, this is what I got and I am okay with that.


On our way to church we were able to stop by Rebekah's 'doorway' and drop off the spinners the children got for her. Once again someone left flowers in her vase...pretty orange daisies. We didn't replace them , but chose to leave them there.

And Dale, being a good Daddy, took the time to sweep off her marker from all the dirt and mud. This moment struck me as such a tender, fatherly act and brought tears to my eyes.


This weekend there was an empty basket with all the baskets filled with Spring goodies (we choose to do Spring baskets before Easter, instead of Easter baskets). And I will admit, my heart hurt. My heart seems to hurt even more as we approach the due date of this wee one.

But I know that one day, my heart will not hurt for the things I don't have here on earth with me. I know that one day, I will be reunited with little Rebekah. That keeps me going through the pain and tears. That makes my heart sing. And it was all because of what Jesus did for me.

So this Easter, I thank Him once again for His sacrifice...for His death and resurrection. And the hope He has given to me to be with Him and my baby daughter one day.

He is risen. He is risen, indeed.

9 joyful people left comments:

Leanne said...

I'm always happy to see a new post from you!

You know, my heart hurt more and more as I approached the due date of The Babies, and I was surprised that I didn't have more joy as I thought about delivering Pennie. I just wanted them both!! And I always hope that the pain will be lessening by the day, but at times, it overwhelms me.

But I have this to hold on to: God sees each and every one of my tears and has a special bottle that He lovingly places them in! And He does this for you too.

I love how your husband was so careful with Rebekah's headstone. It was indeed a very fatherly and tender thing.

Thanks for sharing your family and your travails and your aches with us. I pray for you often!

take care!!

Elisabeth said...

I know exactly how you feel. This new baby is a blessing but I wish I could have Luke with us as well.

I sometimes go into our church's nursery where the babies/toddlers photos are posted along with their birthdates. There's an empty spot where my little boy should be.

Sunday would have been his first birthday and Easter if he had been born full term and were still with us.

Bekah said...

Beautifully said. I love the "doorway." Hugs to you!!

Susan said...

I think your Easter picture turned out beautifully. I haven't looked at ours yet.
I miss my baby Elias and lately even more as I have held Uriah and watched him grow these past weeks. I thank you again for ministering to my heart and reminding me that My Father in heaven is taking care of him and i will see him again one day.
I look forward to Memorial day weekend when i can go see Elias again. Being buried three and a half hours away I don't get to visit his gravesite very often.

thanks for sharing againa nd being so open with all of us. It helps me and continues to give me hope when I sometimes can't see it for myself.
Susan

Donna said...

You are a blessing to so many, sweet Karen! May God continue to bless you with His peace as you approach the birth of this precious new life.

Praying for you, sweet friend!

Trisha said...

So glad you had a beautiful while yet bittersweet day, my friend. I'll be praying hard for a calm spirit and a quiet heart. Sending love and prayers across the miles!

Katie said...

Karen ~ Love the Easter pictures. Precious smiles and precious kids.

The spinners they chose for Rebekah's doorway are so bright and cheerful. What a wonderful idea. i haven't those of using those before. Thank you for sharing.

How special that someone would put daisies in her vase. I know that touched your heart deeply!

What hope we have to see our baby girls again because of Jesus. Love hearing your heart.

Lori said...

Your children are just so beautiful! What a great picture! And one sweet day...a beautiful picture with our whole family waits for us. He is risen indeed!

Elaine said...

Just read this post. Love seeing your beautiful children. I so relate to the gentleness of a father cleaning off the marker...mine has done that so often and like you my heart becomes so tender because of this loving act. How precious that someone put flowers in the vase!! To know she is remembered is so wonderful, isn't it.

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios