Saturday, July 30

Quiet Season

I can't believe that Miss Samantha has been with us for almost three weeks now.
We are all smitten! The children quickly do their morning chores so they can line up to hold her. No jealousy from anyone...just overwhelming love and constant comments on her 'cuteness.' (:

Yesterday, I was greeted by two sweet little smiles from her as I was wishing her a good morning. Nice trade off for still recovering from the c-section. Although I would have endured so much more to bring her into the world (: !

Nursing is still riddled with some bumps, but I am determined and know that whatever I can offer for even a short amount of time is for her best.
And I am learning to not be anxious and place my trust in Him.

Next week we are slowly easing into school. I look forward to the structure since it has been so hot in our area to do anything outside. And then in a couple of weeks we will be in full swing with school, co-op, piano, Taekwondo, Awanas and all the other activities that we participate in the school year. So, I am purposing to soak this 'quiet season' in, if only for a few more days, and be content to just enjoying my children.

Thank you all for all your sweet comments. I am slowly making my way to your blogs...I have missed 'visiting' you all (: !

8 joyful people left comments:

Elaine said...

What a precious picture. She is beautiful! Wish I could hold her. :)

Blossom Barden (NorthLaurel) said...

You have beautiful children (they look like you!). May you get much rest and peace during this 'quiet season'.

Lori said...

Oh Karen, I just love that picture!!! Love, love, love--it's obvious your sweet Samantha is loved!!!!

I know I said this, but I remember daring God to heal my heart.

Leave it to Him to do something amazing in such a big way. Luke brings so much joy...so much redemption for our suffering and so much hope for when we are ALL reunited again. I'm sure you know just what I am talking about when you hold that precious baby girl!

Love from the Carolinas!!! xoxoxo

Karin said...

Such a beautiful girl! How wonderful it is to just love on her. Enjoy your quiet days. :)

Susan said...

What a beautiful picture. Don't go to crazy getting back into the swing of things remember you just had a baby. Enjoy your time with her and all those sweet little smiles.

Donna said...

Oh, what a precious little girl! I could just hug on her all day! She is beautiful, Karen! I am so happy for you and your family.

Enjoy this time of "quiet" before the busy-ness of school gets here!

Love ya, sweet friend!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

She is just beautiful! So glad you are enjoying this sweet time. There are times when I really miss the quiet and slower pace of that season of my life when everything HAD to slow down while I nursed my little ones. It has been a long time, but I do remember the sweetness of it all. Keep soaking in every moment, beautiful mama!

Anna S. said...

She's just beautiful.....God is SO good! I can't wait until we get to meet our precious little girl!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios