Sunday, January 1

Our Guest Tree

Happy 2012!
I pray your Christmas season was blessed! We are still on 'vacation,' but I wanted to write this quick post. This blog has become a way for me to record my family's journey and I wanted to include this post.

I don't 'do' resolutions, but for the last few years I have prayed and chosen a word that is to be my theme of the year. This year my word seems to be also the direction my whole family is leaning toward. I love how God is revealing Himself to each of us. I plan to share my word later this week.

Meanwhile, one of the things I hope to work on this year that correlates to my word is 'hospitality.' I feel that God has blessed us with this new house so that we can open our doors and bless others.

So, to keep me accountable I asked my brother to paint this canvas for me. The goal is to have guests leave their thumbprints as 'leaves' on the tree. I hope to have this tree all filled up by the end of the year!

 
  I love how my brother incorporated the 'carved heart' with Dale and my initials and all the initials of my children, including Rebekah!

So, do you do resolutions?
Or do you choose a word for the year?
" We ought therefore to show hospitality to such people so that we may work together for the truth."
3 John 1:8 (NIV)
Blessings,

5 joyful people left comments:

Bekah said...

I absolutely ADORE this idea! Filing away for when I get my new house! :)

Kathryn said...

Blogger wiped out all of the blogs I was following. I finally get everything straightened around, and figure out who they deleted, and find out that you had a baby! Wow what a significant event I missed! :( She is beautiful! I'm so happy for you. I'll be back around more often! Happy 2012 to you my friend!

Donna said...

What a wonderful idea, Karen! I pray that you have a great 2012!

Susan said...

Wow what a great idea. I love your word for the year. I feel I struggle with that area also. The idea with the tree is beautiful and what a great way to remeber all those that you have blessed.
Happy New Year!!!

Sarah said...

I love love this idea!!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios