Today marks three weeks since Rebekah's passing. Sometimes it feels like it never happened. Other times the realization slams me when I least expect it (like during school this morning).
I have been dealing with a severe headache for two days. My dr says it may be a migraine due to stress or hormones. So, I have been on the couch for two days while my children and husband have entertained and waited on me. I have listened to stories from a third grade reader, petted my 4 year old "cat" (although I put my foot down when he tried to lick me=)), whispered math directions, refereed light saber duels and feasted on plastic eggs. You would think with my headache all this activity would bother me, but instead it brought me much joy! Although, the kids knew I had enough if I buried my head under the blanket=).
Today, the headache is hovering but I am able to function more. I think I am up for a run to Chick-Fil-A for tea =).
I am amazed how God will use someone to help encourage me during the "in-between" times. A phone call, an email, another precious letter from Life Choices...those come at just the right time. They gently remind me that I am not alone...I am grateful for those who listens to the Holy Spirit's prompting=).

3 joyful people left comments:
Karen, just wanted to say I am praying for you. I found your blog from reading your comment on Joel's Journey.
I have 6 children... never lost a child... so I have not walked in your shoes but I am lifting you up to the Lord.
May God give you His grace & strength to walk this path. You are in my thoughts.
blessings,
Teena
Karen,
Praying that you feel completely better soon! Migraines are no fun at all. I'm so glad that your family is able to help you...I had a Chick-Fil-A run yesterday, too! :)
Continuing to uplift you in prayer, dear sister in Christ~
Donna
Hope those migraines stay away. I have them sometimes, more rarely since having had children. Being a post-partum bereaved mother has been such a challenge with all of the hormones and none of the perks. I have reminded myself several times that I'm post-partum as well as grieving...(((Hugs)))
Post a Comment