Wednesday, November 18

Changing

It is starting to get cold around here. I am glad to say goodbye to my favorite season, but sad to hello to this new season.
Dale and I went to look at Christmas trees last night. I enjoyed looking at trees but I couldn't make a decision and there was this underlying feeling of sadness that I couldn't shake. Like I wasn't all there.
Lately, I feel like I must move forward for my family--school must been done, papers to be graded, meals to prepare, fights to break up, boo-boos to be kissed--but I feel like I am not all there. Like I am not completely connected. It's not even like I am a couple of steps behind, because I don't have an urge or desire to catch up. It's that I'm just numb, like in a parallel existence. I step out and engage with my family and friends, but a part of me is in this parallel existence of sadness and wanting.
I know God is with me in both states I am in. And that is what is keeping grounded. He is my constant, my Anchor. He doesn't allow me to go too far into forgetting or too far into remembering.
So, this is where I am..."in between":
I want to move forward, but long to stay back.
I desire for the eternal, but miss the temporary.
I grieve as a her mommy, but rejoice as His daughter.
I want to be alone, but crave the company of others.
I cry for the emptiness here on earth, but smile in the fullness of her life in Heaven.
These "in between" times are hard. "Beauty from the ashes, " someone said to me. May I see the beauty in midst of the ashes that sting my eyes.
"We have this hope as as anchor for the soul, firm and secure." Hebrews 6:19

3 joyful people left comments:

Donna said...

Oh, dear friend, tears are flowing down my face as I type this. May God wrap His loving arms around you, and may you feel His presenc. I am continuing to pray for you...just take this part of your journey one minute at a time.
I'm so glad that we have an anchor for our soul--firm and secure! Praise God!

Leanne said...

I totally can relate.

It is very normal to be where you are.

I too am grieved that there are so many mommies in this state of grief. But you are not alone.

So go forward, because you will always have Rebekah in your heart. Your fear may be that you will forget or that you will lose her memory. But she is part of you.

So go forward, but be gentle with yourself. It is very early and you are still healing.

If you ever need a listening ear....

You can email me at mamas1angel at gmail dot com.

Take care.

 The Morris Family said...

HI Karen,
Praying for you!!!!

Cindy

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios