Thursday, November 26

Giving Thanks

Shooing little ones coming into the kitchen every five minutes begging to lick a spoon....
Dodging elbows and bodies while maneuvering around to prepare the meal...
Bowing heads offering thanks to our Lord...
Wiping mashed potatoes off a child's upper lip who's squirming to get free...
Reclining on couches and chairs with full tummies and sleepy eyes...
Watching an aunt let a determined eight year old beat her in checkers...
Holding hands with a child with gratefulness that he hasn't outgrown it yet...
Remembering Christmases of past represented by ornaments placed on the tree...
Missing and wondering what our little one is doing Heaven...

This was my Thanksgiving.
I am truly grateful.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever."
I Chronicles 16:34

3 joyful people left comments:

Leanne said...

Beautiful!

Try the bread! Actually, it's soo soo easy to do it by hand! I'm serious, if I can do this recipe and love it, you can too!! So, try it!Really, you'll love it and be amazed at how easy it is!

I went to Janie's place yesterday, by myself, and even after over 5 years, cresting the hill and seeing the marker took my breath away. Touching her name that's deeply carved on the granite caused me to ache.....and I do wonder still what she's doing and seeing up There!

Take care, and I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

A attitude of gratitude is a very good thing. Happy Thanksgiving, Karen!

His mercy does endure forever...

Karen said...

So glad you had moments of joy and peace for your Thanksgiving. I thought of all you American mothers because Canadian Thanksgiving was in October. Like you, I had moments of business, moments of happiness, and moments wondering about our little soul waiting for us. (((Hugs)))

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios