Sunday, November 8

Visit

Today we visited my baby's grave. I can't wait until we get a marker with a vase for flowers. Dale's mom, aunt and uncle went and visited her last weekend. That was so sweet of them. It touched our hearts.


There was a new baby beside our Rebekah. Oh, how my heart went out to this baby's parents. I remembered to say a prayer for them and that they will seek the Lord in the
next trying days (months, years, lifetime).
I miss her so much!
I went out yesterday and noticed all the babies and pregnant mommies. Some didn't tug my heart, but every once in a while a baby would remind me of Rebekah. That was so hard! I wanted to run, but I didn't. I just pushed that sadness down and finished my shopping. Then I got in the van and just bawled.
This is so hard, but I know God is my strength.
It just seems like I have a long road ahead and that makes me so weary thinking about it. So I try not to and just take one moment at a time.

******
"The Lord is my strength and my song..." Exodus 15:2

5 joyful people left comments:

 The Morris Family said...

I am glad you cna go to the cemetary. Joel's little body is buried in country cemetary right our our drievway up the road, just a short walk. Its neat how taht all worked out. It was a faily cemetary and mnay years ago we met the widow lady and helped her around her house and she died and as we were looking for a place, we thought we might contact her family members and they were so generous and gave us the little piece. There are so many old dates, we have lived here 15 years and not anyone has been buried there yet. I love it that it is so close. I planted a rose bush, but the deer hop over and nible on it, so its hard to keep living things there otherwise I would be planting things there all the time.

You said you were going to read in John and I just wanted to give you an example of something the Lord showed me in chapter 1, and I posted about this verse awhile back. I love reading Spurgeon and he has toaught me to look for little phrases, especially in teh morning and evening book I enjoy reading. In verse 46, the question is asked "can there any good thing come out of Nazareth?" This is sure a question I have asked the Lord. What good can come form Joel's death. Seems like to me, if he grew up to be a godly young man doing mihgty things for his kingdom would have been a good thing, to me far better thatn death at such a young age. The Lord does not always "show" us but he gives us an invitation to, like in the rest of the verse, it says,"come and see." He calls us to walk this valley not neccessarily to find out the reasons why but to learn of him, his person and like the verse above in 45 says, "we ahve found him......Jesus of Nazareth. Its about Jesus, he desires that we find him in opur sorrow, really he is enough but I know I=our mommy hearts long to "know" more but keep seeking, looking unto Jesus of Nazareth.

Praying for you.....

Cindy

 The Morris Family said...

sorry about all the typos.....

Mrs. Southern Bride said...

Praying for your family!!

Blessings,

Heather & Josh Pedersen

Donna said...

Karen,

You are stronger than you realize! May God continue to be your Exodus 15:2.

I am praying for you and for Dale.

~Blessings to you today~
Donna

Katie said...

Karen ~ Thank you so much for sharing this picture. The flowers are bright and cheerful for Rebekah.

I know it's easy to get overwhelmed when you think about the future (I do this a lot), but keep taking it one day at a time. I'll be doing it with you, I promise. It's all you can do. GOD's grace is just enough for today.

Giving you a BIG Arkansas hug...

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios