Sunday, November 22

Blessed and Thankful...


What a sweet weekend I had. I spent time with dear friends and family, shopped for new clothes:), attended church and then went to our Community Thanksgiving Service.

Our pastor shared this verse with us,
"With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation."
(Isaiah 12:3)
I just love that verse! What a wonderful verse to start my week!

As Thanksgiving rolls around, I have so much to be thankful for....family, friends, God's Word, my salvation.... When I think about all the things I have been blessed with my heart just busts! When I want to run and hide, God pursues me and woos me to Him. When I cry out to Him, He gathers my tears and brings me comfort. When I tell him "my heart is like wax" like the psalmist, He reminds me that that is good because He can mold me. He is good, so very good! Am I not blessed? =)

5 joyful people left comments:

Donna said...

What great thoughts, Karen! To be pliable and moldable is my desire! Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Katie said...

I'm so glad your weekend was good, Karen. Blessings to you this Thanksgiving!

 The Morris Family said...

Hi Karen,
I am so glad your looking for the rainbows, the sun beaming through the clouds, the things to be grateful for. As we, through the Spirits work, begin to "see" even little things to be grateful/thankful for our hearts receive grace and it cushions the hurts. Just to be able to tell the Lord "thank you," for the things you mentioned is a beautiful offering up to him, keep doing that. May your family have a great Thanksgiving, we are going to enjoy fellowship, lots of food and the guys are going to be taking the wall out at the back of the house for more space. It will be an "adventure" for sure!! To be together is a blessing and to have warmth of home, provision of food and our little Joel safe in heaven, and Jesus in our home and heart is wonderful!!!

Cindy

Leanne said...

Hi Karen~

When you said that your heart was like wax and God says that's good because then He can mold it, it really resonated. What a peaceful thought.

I'm so glad to read about your thankful heart! I'm so glad that you are not giving in to the bitterness and anger that so rots the souls of mommies who've lost babies without the Lord. It is hard not to give in to those feelings, but be encouraged to know that you CAN walk this road, with God's hand carrying you!

Have a very blessed Thanksgiving. This post really blessed me!

Karen said...

I'm glad you had moments of peace and joy this weekend. It's okay to feel sad and angry, too, though. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my faith, but grief over the death of a child is a long journey even with trust and resignation. (((Hugs)))

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios