JenJen nominated me for this award. I am so surprised and hope you will go over to her precious blog.
The rules are simple: just give 7 facts about you and then nominate 7 people for the beautiful blogger award.
1. Many know I have a strong dislike for feet. Mucho disliko. My aunt tells the story of how I used to take off my socks by using my feet--never touching my feet or socks with my hands. I was quite impressive with this talent. So, I must have had this phobia early on. I really dread when summer comes around and there are flip-flops galore. Ewww... feet everywhere! Not properly covered, but in all their glory! (Don't even get me started on cracked heels).
2. I didn't crave anything really during all five of my pregnancies, except....get this....pickled pig's feet! Are you gagging now? I remember eating them with my uncle who ate them because he ate weird things (pork skins and cottage cheese, hog's head cheese, weird stuff). This clearly had to be before I developed my phobia. Or maybe I really didn't know they were really pig's feet (okay...I'm icking myself out here). Bless my husband's heart because he wouldn't let me buy them and I would always forget when I went to Kroger's.
3. Even though I have a degree in education, I still have problems spelling
4. For the first year of our marriage, Dale and I played Rummy every night before we went to bed. And he won every. single. night. I'm not bitter about it, though.
(I think he cheated).
5. I have a blanket that I call my Silky. I love that blanket. It is so soft. I love Dale, also. That is why I generously share Silky with him at night. (Although many nights I wake up and secretly yank it off of him and wrap myself up like a cocoon).
6. I am lactose intolerant, but in denial. Yes, I indulge in eggnog and Sonic shakes only to be moaning in a couple of hours and vowing to never let a milk product enter my lips again.
7. When I was in first grade my mother was being sensible and made me wear rain boots to school. We had a long way to walk to our bus stop and she didn't want my feet to get cold. They were red and loud and ugly. I was teased all day long and scarred for life =). I think those boots ended up on my two younger brothers. I sort of feel sorry for them, but not too much since they constantly hid my make-up from me when I was older =). So now I refuse to buy rain boots for any of my kids (although Target carried the cutest ones this year. I resisted.).
Now my nominations....this was hard because I have received much support in the blog world via emails or comments and IRL.
Sweet fellow bloggers:
1. Cindy at Joel's Journey
2. Karen at Busy Hands
3. Leanne at My Supplications
4. Donna at Blessings at Our House
5. Marsha at Other Such Happenings
Sweet women I know IRL:
6. Krista at God Chose Them
7. Tina at Southern Grace


12 joyful people left comments:
I too have trouble spelling words like definitely (it literally took me 6 times to spell this right now, even after looking up at yours. :)
I love your list! I have "feet" issues also...specifically man feet. I love baby feet, and little kid feet...if the feet belong to my children. But, do you know what happens to little boy feet? They become man feet...I know...it's disturbing. My oldest son has man feet now...I look at him and shake my head thinking how I used to kiss those sweet baby feet once. Now...I don't want any part of those feet! Who told him he could get man feet anyway?
O.K...now, for the real reason I stopped by. Just wanted to thank you for your prayers and take some time to pray for you. I also plan to read a little more about your sweet Rebekah while I'm here. I love BOTH of your words for this year, by the way...abide and authentic. Thumbs up to whichever you choose.
Blessings,
Kelly
Hi, Karen,
I just read your post about sorrow. Such good words...I just know that God is working in my own life and that He is using you to speak to me. Thank you for being part of my little bloggy world!
As for today's post, I am so surprised to receive this award! It's my first one! Thank you so much! I'll post about it tomorrow.
I hope you have a great day, Karen. I'm praying for you.
I love your list! It was quirky and funny and sweet!
Thanks for the award! It's my first award.
I'm going to do this, but I have noooo idea how to get that big picture of the Beautiful Blogger award onto my post.
Stay tuned!
And still praying, every day, for you, dear one!
(((Hugs)))
Oh... I knew a lady growing up who ate pickled pigs feet. I can't even imagine what they taste like... but great little known fact! :)
Blessings,
LMM
Hilarious list. What a great way to learn a bit more about each other. Thanks for the mention and I'll get to it....when I have a bit more time online. It's been pretty busy here. I don't think I know anyone in our generation before you who actually ate pickled pigs feet! Hilarious. And I think you and I must share our talent for card games (or our husbands both cheat!!!!). LOL Thinking of you and yours. xo
It is so nice to "meet" you! I have been reading through some of your posts from October and November--we, too, have experienced loss. We lost twin girls in September of '07. I appreciate your words and your mother's tender heart.
Hi, Karen,
You asked the other day about the pork chops I was fixing. I fry them on the stove. Do you have a yummy crock pot recipe for them?
I noticed that Sarah left you a comment. Have you visited her blog? I think it's beautiful. Her sweet spirit and testimony reminds me of you. Hope you have a great day!
Pig's feet!? Oh my goodness. ; ) I do like pickles when I'm pregnant, but I'm not sure about that. Way to jump out there!
I LOVE that you theme your years. What a wonderful idea. You sound like my kind of organizer. Thinking of you.
Pickled Pig's Feet?! Oh my word. I eat things that people consider weird, but pig's feet? NEVER. Blech!
That is ironic though, considering your phobia. That totally made me laugh!
Love your list of facts! I'm a little lactose intolerant too, I can't have milk in the morning, otherwise my stomach cramps for 10 minutes afterwards, it's annoying. But I can eat a lot of cheese though, weird huh??
BTW, thanks for reading my blog....I'm thinking about you, thanks for your encouraging heart.
You seriously ate pickled pig feet!! IIIICCCKKKK!!! Pregnancy can make you eat anything! I sure hope I never crave those!
Post a Comment