2010. What will the year hold for me this year?
2009 in many ways was a sad year. My sister-in-law passed away a few months before and I was helping my brother gain bearings for his three young children at the beginning of the year. Then precious Rebekah went to Heaven and now I am the one trying to gain my bearings.
So here we are...2010.
I don't make resolutions to ring in the new year.
However, Dale and I did decide to start walking in the morning. Too bad it snowed this morning (wink, wink).
I didn't cry too much when he rolled over and turned off the alarm.
I do like to theme my year, though. I'm an organizer like that.
2007 was "Joy."
I was struggling with some issues that I felt like was robbing my joy. So I tried focusing on God and His definition of joy.
2008 was "Organize."
That meant practical things like insurance, records, etc. But also tried to organize my prayer life and quiet time.
2009 was "Simplify."
We needed to ruthlessly simplify our lives and I am so glad we did. We were able to enjoy my pregnancy and the short time we had with little Rebekah.
So I have been thinking of my word for this year. "Hope" came to mind, but honestly I feel God has given me so much hope already.
So, I couldn't think of anything and then I saw the word "Abide."
I like that.
John 15:7
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
DEFINITION: 1 to remain, abide. 1a in reference to place. 1a1 to sojourn, tarry. 1a2 not to depart. 1a2a to continue to be present. 1a2b to be held, kept, continually. 1b in reference to time. 1b1 to continue to be, not to perish, to last, endure. 1b1a of persons, to survive, live. 1c in reference to state or condition. 1c1 to remain as one, not to become another or different. 2 to wait for, await one.
Strong, James: The Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible
I found this on another site.
To wait for-We as Christians need to spend much more time waiting on God. By this we mean spending time with God, seeking His will, not jumping ahead of Him.
To endure without yielding-To be determined to experience God's presence.
To bear patiently-To abide in Christ when we don't feel like it. To be patient waiting for God to reveal His will and Himself.
To continue in a place-We need to spend more time, staying in His presence.
It seems to be more about "being" than "doing."
I have been "doing" a lot lately.
I think I need to just be "being" in God's presence.
We'll see..
On another note...
Christmas came and went and God's grace was sufficient. I was loved on by some precious women and feel refreshed for the new year. My heart hurts, but God sent those to minister to my hurting heart and get me through the season. I am blessed!
I did work on a new system for scripture memorization and prayer journal. After trying notebooks and journals, I switched to index cards on a ring. I think I will like this better because I am one of those who doesn't write in books or her Bible, so journals seems so intimidating. I want everything to be perfect...my handwriting, the entries, etc...I know it is a sickness=). But with index cards, I have no remorse of tearing out a card if I mess up. We'll see how that works=).
P.S. If by some chance that person checks this blog, thank you for leaving the beautiful flowers on Rebekah's doorway. It touched us so much!
P.S. If by some chance that person checks this blog, thank you for leaving the beautiful flowers on Rebekah's doorway. It touched us so much!

8 joyful people left comments:
Karen,
It sounds like you have picked out a great theme for this year. What a challenge to just be in the Lord's presence, and not just keep doing, doing, doing...Thank you for speaking to my heart today. Praying for you that your Scripture memory program works really good for you. Hope you have a great day!
I like the idea of a theme for the year...Posted somewhere so that I can be reminded of what I am striving by God's grace for.
I totally understand your "sickness" about your journal and index cards and things like that. I love to journal and write and I do have an obsession with index cards and pens!! So you're not alone!
By the way, we got the CD...the card you sent was absolutely gorgeous. It's in my Bible basket, where all my important things are! My Hannah said all of the songs on the CD are very sad. I understand that.....
Take care!
Karen,
Thank you for commenting on my blog. It always means so much to me in this community of bloggers when others share their hearts. I completely understand what you were saying and there is nothing that compares to the quiet and still voice of the Lord.
Keep seeking HIm and rest in knowing that you are deeply loved!!!
Christy
I love your idea for your prayer/journal on the index cards. I know exactly what you mean about the perfect writing--I'm the same way. I think I could handle the index cards. It would also be a great way to write answered prayers on the back and file in a file box. You could just have current prayer requests on your ring but go back and see those answers again from your file box. You have inspired me.
I am sorry for your loss. You are right though. God's grace is sufficient and He is still there for you.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. My word for this year is THINK. I have a post about it today.
I like the idea of a theme for the year. I am going to think about that. Perhaps I can come up with one. I am sure the Lord has something He wants from me this year. Exciting to me.
I would like to put the little note you have above this box on my blog. It made me feel welcome to leave a comment and would like for others to feel that way too. Could you explain how you did it?
Love this idea of a theme for the year. 2008 was my year I themed Hope. I too just lost my baby in October. I was only 16 weeks but it was still my baby. I haven't realoly thought about a theme for this year until i read your blog and my theme is "Contentment." Glad I found your blog.
I love the idea of a theme for the year, but I'm so indecisive that I don't know if I can think of just one...
I am SO sorry to hear about your loss. Having just gone through a miscarriage a couple weeks back, my sympathy and empathy is so real and raw, I'm just so sorry and sending a big cyber hug your way.
Take care and have a wonderful week abiding in Him!
Post a Comment