Tuesday, August 17

Curriculum: Part II

Because I am a little Type A, I wanted to go ahead and post my other children's curriculums.

Yes, I know that probably no one even noticed that I only listed my oldest daughter's curriculum yesterday.  But if I didn't write out the others, it would bother me.  Really bother me.

The same type of bothering as when you get a popcorn kernel in your gumline and can not find it even though you keep running your tongue along your gums and know it is there but still can't find it and it continues to drive you mad.
Yeah, that kind of bothering.
(Not that I would know anything about that).


"J"-my seventh grader

Literature
Bob Jones

Booklist: Black Ships Before Troy, Men of Iron, Sign of the Beaver,
Indian in the Cupboard, Escape from Warsaw,The Bronze Bow,
The Hawk That Dare Not Hunt by Day
 
Math
Saxon: Algebra 1/2
 
 
Writing
IEW Bible Based
 
 
Grammar
Bob Jones
 
History
Bob Jones: World Studies (Co-op class)
 
Science
Apologia: General Science (Co-op class)
 
 
Latin
Latin for Children
 
 
Spelling
Spelling Power
 
 
 
"S" -4th grade
 
Reading, Spelling, Math, English, Writing
Bob Jones 4th Grade
 
 
Science
Apologia Swimming Creatures (Co-op)
 
 
History
Bob Jones 4th grade Heritage Studies: (Co-op)
 
Cursive Writing
Draw Right Now
 
 
 
 
"J"-Kindergarten
 
Unit Studies
 
Bob Jones K5
 
100 Easy Lessons
 

  Additional Activities:
piano, Taekwondo, AWANAS

Family Studies:
Adventures in Art and Mystery of History 1



So, I posted this and I feel better.
 Maybe I'll be able to sleep tonight. Just kidding. Well, not really.

 Have a great school year!
 

6 joyful people left comments:

Susan said...

Glad you feel better. And there is nothing wrong with type A personality. My oldest daughter is that way and I love her. I think type A "Rocks."

I have rally enjoyed these last two posts. It helps us all see what others are doing and it gives us all different ideas.

Thanks again for sharing, Susan

belle said...

i'm so laughing at you!!!!! IIIII noticed you only posted your oldest kiddo's curric! :D and was actually waiting for you to post the rest!!! hahaha.... i get that kind of ocd i dotter t crosser stuff:) i am the same way!

heheheheehe, made me want to do a post about what i'm doing this year too because, well, i'm ocd and all spelled out and scheduled up and written out and rule followed! lol

we started last week with a "new" structure (really just a tweak of the last few years) but the new part has made all the difference and i anticipate a great year if we don't have any crises!

i do - blanket for all- rod and staff grammar, abeka phonics, saxon math, making big words spelling, story of the world history, young scientist club experiments, iew writing (medieval history this year), and classical conversations as my framework for all subjects study/memory work which includes our latin memory work and bible memory work. we are reading sequentially through the old testament still. we also read classics from the library :)

i feel better now. i love swapping ideas with people!!!!!

homeschool101 said...

Thanks for stopping by tonight. I am glad to help with ideas. Lol. I noticed you are doing the 100 ways to teach your child to read. I had heard about that was curious. What do you think about it? :)

Have a great evening. I am now following you as well. Looking forward to getting to know you more. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and following I am glad some of my items I am using for school this year peaked your interest.
I like your choices for curriculum and cannot wait until you post the rest.
Thanks again
Jenn

Donna said...

You are too funny, Karen! I am laughing because I am a bit OCD as well...great minds think/act alike, right?!?

Hope you have a great day. Looks like your kids will have a well-rounded year. Quick question--how do your kids do with Latin?

Lori said...

I just assumed you were going to do them in birth order? :)

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios