First off, thank you all for your encouraging emails and comments on my last post. I felt so carried by your prayers and love.
Now, onto this post's title: Squeezing Every Little Drop of Summer.
I never thought we would see temperatures less than 100 degrees, but today I went outside and could taste fall. This makes me a little sad because we have had a wonderful summer.
But, alas, the wheels keep turning...
So, here are some pictures of what we are doing on the last days of summer....
S got her haircut for the first day of school. We had plans to donate her hair, but unfortunately the stylist didn't properly gather and rubberband her hair.
J with his Mario backpack and Star Wars lunchbox for his kindergarten coop classes. I was on a quest the weeks before school to find a Mario backpack.
He was so thrilled when I finally found one to bring home=).
Our tradition of eating breakfast at Chick-Fil-A on the first day of our coop classes. Mmmmm..love me some half-n-half tea!
We had friends over the weekend for a watergun fight in the backyard.
J showed no mercy to the big kids=)!
Wet-n-Wild games at our church to mark the end of summer!
J was so funny in dodge ball. All the big kids would cluster together and get eliminated one by one and J would just run in circles with a huge grin. No one ever aimed the ball at him. He came in third=). I am glad he enjoyed his first dodge ball game.
Did I ever mention I loathe dodge ball?
And Red Rover, too.
Yep, pretty much loathe.
How are you enjoying your last days of summer?


9 joyful people left comments:
I can say I am not at all sad to see summer leave. Fall is my favorite time of year so I am ready for the change. Looks like you all have had fun these past few days.
It is sad to see summer come to an end but I am sooo thankful that the horrid 100 temps are gone... I am so ready for all and hoodies:-) I have had such a great time this summer getting to know T she is she a sweet young lady... and I am glad that S is not leaving my SS class,(we have missed her lately). You have such great girls!!
(I'm sure your boys are awesome too but I have yet to have much time interacting with then(-:)
P.S. we are having our year-end class party this Sunday... if S could make it that would be great, make sure she comes hungry!!
"Squeezing every little drop of summer" reminded me of tart, tangy, sweet and refreshing lemonade and how good it tastes on hot days! I loved that title!!
Your kids are just plain beautiful. S looks exactly like you, in my opinion. Your beautiful, and you still manage, by the grace of God, and despite your mending heart, to radiate His joy and that blesses me!!
For some reason, now I'm crying and can't see the screen to type!
I adore Autumn, so to see summer end is joyous for me. We've been tasting Fall around here too!!
I think you'd better watch your mailbox....I've been wanting to send you some snail mail for a LONG time, and I'm motivated to do it....sooooon!!
Love you dearly and take care!
We'll still be enjoying summer for awhile down here=) Loved the pictures!!
We've been swimming about 3 times a week. We are blessed to have a wonderful kid's pool with a fountain and lots of shade at our apartment. The boys love it and quite little fish=)
Looks like you really are squeezing the last days of summer...I love your tradition of going to Chick-Fil-A...you can pass me some sweet tea too!!! ;-) I may or may not be addicted to their waffle fries & tea. Such goodness...
I love summer and had a summer full of friends and family visiting. It went by fast. I always enjoy your blog.
Elaine
Hi - I came over from Kelly's blog.
I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby girl - I lost my first daughter many years ago.Praying for you as her first birthday approaches and you go down memory lane thinking of the days she was with you here on Earth.
How fun!! I homeschool too, and will hopefully have 4 earthly children (2 boys, 2 girls) come Nov, and a little girl in Heaven. I look forward to reading more of your blog!
love your new look.
Post a Comment