Wednesday, July 20

Samantha's update...

So, today Miss Samantha is 10 days old. I spend a lot of time just holding her and thanking God for her little life. I am also so grateful for children that know how to keep a house running while I recoup from my c-section. I am doing better, but have had some bumps along the way. But my sweet children haven't missed a beat and the laundry stays caught up and the kitchen sink remains empty. We are also humbled by all our friends that have been feeding us these last few days. How blessed we are to have a wonderful support system!

I have been really having to stay on top of Samantha's nursings. Because she was born at 37 weeks, her sucking is not as strong as a term baby. I did not realize this until our first doctor's visit, 5 days after her birth. She had lost weight and the doctor was concerned that she may be not getting the milk she needs from me. So, I have spent many visits with a Lactation Consultant as I have navigated through this new territory. All my other children have nursed with no problems until about 14 months, so to have a baby that is not a strong nurser has kept me on my knees in prayers and tears.

Here is a sweet picture of her at 6 days old.  My two older girls love dressing her up and picking out her outfit for each day. She has brought so much joy to our house and God is using her little life to bring much healing to our hearts!




Blessings,

15 joyful people left comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! God's blessings to your family,
Amy

Ashleigh said...

Karen she is just as beautiful as your other girls! I pray the nursing improves as well!

belle said...

she is so beautiful!

Unknown said...

So happy for you all! What an absolute doll baby!!

Bekah said...

LOVE that picture!!

Blossom Barden (NorthLaurel) said...

What a beautiful blessing from God. So glad that God has given you a new addition to your family.

Leanne said...

Oh my, she is so sweet.

She is gorgeous.

She melts my heart.

Praise God that He has filled your heart and your lives with so much joy and sweetness.

May He continue to make His face shine on you!!

Donna said...

She is so beautiful, Karen! I just love that picture of her! It made my day! :)

Praying for you, my sweet friend! I love that your kids are doing such a good job of helping out...

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

She is so beautiful! Rejoicing with you and praying for both of you...
Such a precious blessing!

Love to you...

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Awe, she is just beautiful. Congratulations again. :)

Karin said...

So darling! Praising God with you for little Samantha.

Molly said...

That picture is so incredibly precious. Love the headband!

Trisha said...

She's so lovely!! Karen, I'm so happy for you. Please be encouraged about the nursing. My fourth child was in the NICU the first week of his life, and he had the hardest time getting used to nursing. He ended up being my baby that nursed the longest. :) Love and hugs to you!

Elaine said...

Beautiful baby!!! Love the picture. Praying the nursing is going better.

~*Kristina_Marie*~ said...

Yay! She's here...and she is absolutely perfect! Cannot wait to meet your precious gift from God! Praying that she is doing better with feeding! Love you guys!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios