Tuesday, July 5

Catching up

It's hard to believe it has been 3 weeks since I last did a post. Summer is so busy at our house. Between piano and basketball and swimming and Taekwondo and then just enjoying our friends and family, we barely catch our breath. And to believe now it is July...makes me a little sad that summer is almost over, but happy that we will see little Samantha in 6 days. 6 days...wow! I can hardly wait. Although, I would love to bypass the c-section and just go straight to having her in my arms=).

This weekend was my oldest daughter's Sweet Sixteen birthday party. She has the most precious friends and I am so grateful that I have such a great relationship with my daughter. My heart breaks when I hear parents complain about their teenagers and say they can't wait until they get out of the house. I just adore this time in my daughter's life and the life and joy she brings to our family. What a sweet season!
 
She decided she wanted to have a 50's party. It was fun scouting out all the candy that was popular in the 50's. Although the girls probably had a sugar overload.
                                    

We found vinyl records at our local flea market and painted the labels and used them as plate chargers and dessert stands.


This is T with her Granny, Dale's mom. I thought it was so sweet that T wanted her Granny to be at the party with all her friends.




Well, please keep me in your prayers as July 11th approaches. I am so excited, but as you may imagine, I am still holding my breath until I have Samantha in my arms.

11 joyful people left comments:

Elaine said...

SIX days!!! wow! I can hardly wait myself. Post pictures as soon as you can.

Bekah said...

I LOVE that party!! so cute...I'll have to remember that one. Might "borrow" your ideas.

Can't wait to read about your sweet new one!

Karin said...

Wow wow wow!!! Only SIX DAYS! I am SO very excited for you. I absolutely cannot wait to hear that Samantha is here. I'm praying for a safe delivery for you both.

Leanne said...

Good to see you back.

I'm loving the time and relationship with my girls too. I don't want this time to end, and empty nest isn't going to be fun for me!

Samantha?? My second oldest girl is Samantha!! What a great name. I will be praying for you and I can't wait till your baby is born!!! Take good care of yourself!

Trisha said...

Sweet Friend,
I'm so excited for you!!! I've got that date marked on my calendar, and I will be praying for you. May you know His peace that passes all understanding, and may you glorify His name and tell of His amazing wonders always!! I love you!

Bethany said...

What a great and fun party!!!! Awesome job!!!

cant wait to hear that sweet little one is here!!!

Cindy

Jennifer said...

This post did my heart good! I love that you are so close with your daughter. I can not wait to see pictures of your new little blessing when she arrives. Praying for a safe arrival and blessed delivery!

Susan said...

Oh I am so excited for you and your family. Praying for you these next few days as you get ready to meet your little girl. Knowing God will be right there with you.

Trisha said...

I've been thinking about you, sweet friend! Can't wait to hear about your sweet baby girl. Much love!!

Donna said...

Hi, my friend,

I was thinking and praying for you all day yesterday. Samantha...what a beautiful name...I cannot wait to see pictures.

I loved the 50's party! Looks like a lot of fun! :)

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Your daughter is SO beautiful! Happy 16th Birthday to her! I just love the 50s party idea. Did you have a bubble gum blowing contest? :)

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios