Tuesday, September 13

Pictures

A few weeks ago Heather took newborn pictures of little Samantha. I can't believe how she captured her "newness" and small features. Dale and I are so thankful that we asked Heather to do these and have these pictures to remember this time that is oh, so fleeting.


Here are a few of the shots we took that morning....







I love this shot.
When Heather asked for our wedding bands to do this picture, I was sad because I only had my 20th year anniversary band on (yes, I got married at 12...ha!). I am still not able to put on my wedding ring since my finger seems to have 'grown' since my pregnancy (:.
But then I thought about the significance of this picture...

the beginning of our life as man and wife (his wedding band),
the journey we have travelled (my anniversary band),
and now the glimpse of our future (the baby's hand)...

I decided I liked what this picture represents after all. When I think about it, it makes me cry...

Thanks for letting me share with you today. Have a great rest of the week.

8 joyful people left comments:

Leanne said...

Ahhh.....she is beautiful.

There was such a sense of awe, a sense of reverence, when I looked at the pictures. She radiates God's possibilities and He has great things planned for her, I just sense it. I hope that doesn't sound weird!

I do wish so badly that I had had newborn pics taken of Pennie. The photographer I chose for my maternity shoot with The Babies decided not to do newborns anymore, and the other one I was going to choose was very expensive and lived far away....I always feel regret and sadness when I think of that. I'm so glad you won't have to deal with that!

Sigh. She's awesome. Thanks for sharing her!

Molly said...

So beautiful!

Ashleigh said...

Wow. Those are just beautiful. She is either very tiny or you & your honey have GIANT fingers! ;)

Bekah said...

Oh Karen...that gave me goose bumps!!! What a lovely God-revelation!!!

Susan said...

They do grow up so fast. I wish I had doen something like that with Uriah. Maybe next time if there is a next time.
She is just beautiful.

Trisha said...

Precious, precious, precious, my friend.

Katie said...

Yes, so precious. She is absolutely beautfiul! Like all of your children. I especially love her headband. ; )

Elaine said...

She is so cute!!!! I love the picture and love the meaning that goes with it.

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios