Yesterday was Rebekah's 2nd birthday in Heaven.
This was my Facebook post that morning:
Today my little Rebekah Joy would have been two. Not a day doesn't go by that I don't think of that little baby with the sweet swirl of brown hair.
But you know what?
Two years ago today I learned that when I couldn't breathe from smothering grief, I could call out to the Lord and I could feel HIS breath.
And when I was too weary to make another moment, I would call out and He would carry me to the next.
And I truly learned His grace is sufficient!
I hope sweet Rebekah is having a wonderful birthday party in Heaven.
We miss you baby girl!
This was my Facebook post that morning:
Today my little Rebekah Joy would have been two. Not a day doesn't go by that I don't think of that little baby with the sweet swirl of brown hair.
But you know what?
Two years ago today I learned that when I couldn't breathe from smothering grief, I could call out to the Lord and I could feel HIS breath.
And when I was too weary to make another moment, I would call out and He would carry me to the next.
And I truly learned His grace is sufficient!
I hope sweet Rebekah is having a wonderful birthday party in Heaven.
We miss you baby girl!
It was a good day. We went out to the cemetery (minus my oldest who had classes scheduled) at lunch and released balloons that we wrote messages on. Then we spent a few moments there and said a prayer as a family.
Happy 2nd birthday, sweet Rebekah Joy. I can't wait to hold you in my arms one day!
Love, Mommy

5 joyful people left comments:
Happy Birthday sweet baby girl. I am so happy you had a good day remembering Rebekah Joy! I loved how you celebrated her birthday.
So many prayers for wee little babies tonight Karen. You are in mine as well.
So sorry I'm late...remembering sweet Rebekah...I'm sure it was a beautiful heavenly celebration. And, you are so right...His grace is always sufficient! Love to you...
This brought major tears to my eyes....I can't wait to meet that baby girl in heaven either, thank you for your beautiful heart Karen.
This is a precious way to celebrate your child.
Post a Comment