Monday, February 18

Minis and Wild Hair

How was your Valentine's Day?
 We 'celebrated' a day late since we had a busy night on the 14th.  My kids didn't mind.  They felt like we spread the 'love' for over two days:). 
Although, Facebook this year seemed to have an unusual amount of Valentine 'haters.'  That made me so sad.  Although, I can understand how people feel like it is all commercialized and over-the-top, it is a time set aside to celebrate love.  Yes, we should do it all through the year, and we do.  I just don't understand why people have to be so negative on something that can be so positive.

On the actual Valentine's Day, Dale woke up an hour early to be the first in line at CFA to buy chicken minis as a surprise for the kids.  That was so sweet.  He is such a good Daddy!!

On Friday night, we had a simple meal of BBQ take-out.  I got the kids the traditional Valentine pjs, a small box of  chocolate and a small gift (that I got on clearance). The girls got clothes which thrilled them.  The boys Legos, of course ;).
Our favorite part of the evening was to open up the little mailboxes we put out at the end of January.  During that time the children wrote encouraging letters and verses and slipped it in each other's mailboxes.  We have done this for the last few years and I love looking back and seeing all the sweet Valentines written by the children through the years.
Samantha got a clearance Lego set, also.

This week was also Wild Hair Night at Awana.  My kids opted nothing too wild since we have learned from experience how hard it is to get our hair back to normal.  However, we did spray paint their hair blue and pink:).

Hope you are having a great week!
 

2 joyful people left comments:

Katie said...

Karen, you would know me at the retreat! ; ) I hope to go again next year!!

Leanne said...

Hey Karen!!

Glad to see you posting with some regularity lately...I've missed you!

Now we're friends on FB!

It looks like the Day of Love was so sweet and wonderful for you this year.

Keep posting!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios