" We need to ruthlessly eliminate hurry from our lives."
--Pete Wilson
Love that quote and if I knew how to link a person's blog I would ? Anybody?
One of the things we did as a family after I found out I was pregnant with our "banana cookie" (as Rebekah was nicknamed from our youngest) was to drastically eliminate "busyness" from our lives. We were craving family time, devotional time...just being "still time." As I look back, I am glad we did that and enjoyed the few months we had as family with sweet Rebekah.
Rebekah heard ten books of the Bible during her time on earth. She heard many prayers over her every night during family prayer time. She felt the warmth of her sisters' and brothers' hands as they prayed and talked to her. She heard her dad's voice as he whispered to her. She heard beautiful music drifting from our piano as we did family church at home (as I was on partial bed rest toward the end of my pregnancy). For these things I am grateful for! That even before she was born, she heard about the first face she would ever see---Jesus!
Today is two weeks since she went to Heaven. Sometimes it feels like a dream. Did it really happen to us? My body is going back to its pre-pregnancy shape and that is bittersweet. With the other babies I was thrilled, with this one it just reminds me of my loss and makes me feel further from my little girl.
Thank you, Lord, for the nine months we had as a family of seven. It was a gift from You and I am grateful!
"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

4 joyful people left comments:
Karen,
Thank you for stopping by this morning. We do homeschool...
This post is a beautiful testimony of God's faithfulness to you. What sweet memories you have to cherish in the days ahead...I am sure little Rebekah felt loved as she heard the voices of her loved ones, and felt the touches of siblings...I am praying for you.
P.S. I love the way you spell Rebekah's name. :)
Hi! I love your blog. We will talk more tomorrow, but I just wanted to comment on this post. One of the things I have been praying lately is thanking and praising God for the many blessings He gave to Rebekah during her short time in this world. She was so blessed to have been "knitted together" in YOUR womb.
I love you,
Holly
Your right, in our 3 years with out little Joel, he knew and heard about Jesus. The Lord showed me this verse in I John and it really lifted my heart.
I John 2:13, I write unto, little children, because ye have known the Father.
Cindy
One comfort I've tried to focus on during these sad months since we lost our George in May is that he went gently and surrounded by love. I wrote about it the other week after thinking about it for all these months. We are blessed to know where our children are and that they went surrounded in love from parents and siblings when so many children are abducted or hurt. I thought I'd share that with you. (((Hugs)))
Post a Comment