Wednesday, December 30

Pondering

"rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer" Roman 12:12

 rejoicing in hope...

hoping- having a confident expectation- that through this I will draw closer to Him and that His joy will remain in me and that my joy will be full (John 15:11)

embracing that those who hope in Him will not be disappointed  (Isaiah 49:23)

And holding onto this hope knowing that the God of hope will fill me with all joy and peace as I trust in Him, so that I may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13)

And through this hope my faith is deepened, my love widen, my heart tendered, my praise more authentic

   And in all this hope,
 rejoicing...
because the picture is bigger and I am only part of the story...
    and really if I am honest, the story has nothing to do with me...

patient in tribulation...
  
patient (or trying  to be) in seeing what good will come out of this

   patient that God will heal my heart in His time

   patient in waiting in the midst of suffering knowing it is not to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed to me (Rom 8:18)

steadfast in prayer...

  continually bringing things to Him...all the ugliness, all the lies, all the brokenheartedness

  continually praying and taking the time to listen and being still

enjoying this relationship, this fellowship, this love affair


This is me now....




3 joyful people left comments:

Leanne said...

Does your heart sometimes grow afraid when you think of all of these things that the Lord wants to bring about in you, knowing that none of these things come about easily?

I am a fellow traveler down that road with you...

Let's travel together and pray for each other, that the getting of these traits will be good lessons learned and never forgotten!

Feeling weepy this morning....remembering you today in prayer, friend, and deeply desiring the rainy, gray sky to crack open, just a bit, that I might see just a glimpse of Heaven....

Take care.

Karen said...

Thinking of you and hoping with you. Best for 2010 my friend. (((Hugs)))

belle said...

hey karen, i followed you here from your comment on my own blog.

thank you for leaving a comment. i did not know that anyone had found me :)

i am going to read your blog, be blessed and wrapped in His love.

-belle

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios