Sunday, June 13

Restless

Restless.

That is the word that describes how I have been feeling these past few weeks.  I haven't posted much because I have found myself wanting time to be alone with my thoughts.  To having conversations with God instead of this blog.  And I have been taking my restlessness to Him.


Earlier this week, I commented on a blog about how I feel like my life is a dance now.  I feel like I am on the sidelines--feet tapping, watching everyone on the dance floor, waiting patiently for my turn. 

And as I see others, one by one, being escorted on the dance floor, I am now wondering if my chance has passed.  I am wondering if my song has already been played and I won't get another chance to dance. 

So, I have been restless, trying to listen...trying to see if I will get a turn...watching all those around me dance.

Then  yesterday God gave me this verse:

Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness ...(Psalm 30:11)

You know, I may not have another chance on that particular dance floor, but it doesn't mean I can't dance where I am now.  

I think that is what God is teaching me. 

And I know He will not let me dance alone. He will join me.  In a dance specifically made for me with a song that He hand picked.  And knowing that is soothing to my restless soul.  And makes me look forward to what He has in store for me, instead of longingly looking at others as they dance.

God is good.  So very good.

And He makes a wonderful dance partner.



18 joyful people left comments:

Donna said...

Oh, Karen, my heart is hurting with you...but what a sweet post to read and how wonderful to know that God has a specific plan~just for you! May He continue to heal and help your sweet heart!

Praying for you, my friend. :)

Hugs,
Donna

Shandrea said...

Well said. Our God is so awesome and wonderful. Sending you hugs.

Elaine said...

Amen!

Bekah said...

Earlier this year I read Angela Thomas' book called "Do You Think I'm Beautiful?" One of her big running analogies in that book has to do with God asking us (wallflowers) to dance. Loved it. I think you'd enjoy that book if you've not read it. I heard her speak at a conference last fall and she was my favorite of the entire event. Very good at blending real life with Jesus' love!

Tammy@Fear Not said...

I hope your soul soars in dance. So glad to 'hear' your thoughts and what God is doing in you. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful, sweet girl. Dancing with the Lord has brought me to a new place twice over the last five or so years. One time, Karen, I found that I was the child dancing on my Abba's feet as I had done on my earthly Daddy's feet when I was a kid. I just went wherever he went. That is what God did with me and I just fell into His arms and allowed HIm to lead and move me to where He wanted me to go and be.
May this dance be beautiful, Karen.
loving you, ~ linda

Holly said...

He does make a good partner!

The Meuniers said...

What a beautiful way to look at life - I am blessed by this post!

Ashleigh said...

I'm so glad you are feeling more at peace Karen.

My life said...

What beautiful and touching words you have written here. I love it when you write things like this. They can mean so much to so many different people and where they are at in their dance. Thank you friend. Thinking of you all the time and always praying for you on your journey. Happy eight months to your sweet Rebekah, today who is probably standing on the feet of the Lord, like a little girl would on her fathers, while she dances with Him.

Jill said...

I like how you compare it to a dance right now and waiting for your turn. I hope you get your turn to dance! xo

Katy Larsen said...

What a beautiful post, Karen xxx Always praying for you!

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE this post! Thank you SO much!
Praying for you!

Lori said...

Loving you....and these special words.
xoxo

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Isn't He? He is so good, so very good to us.

Katie said...

Karen, this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. Thank you for sharing.

My heart is with you. Blessings and love today, Katie

Leanne said...

Karen....

What a poignant analogy.....

I have been thinking this same thing too, and you put it into words that I was searching for. Just the right words.

I haven't visited much on your blog, but I think about you all the time. I pray for you too.....

I will pray for you as your Dance Partner teaches you how to dance no matter what dance floor you're on in life....

Take care.

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

I am glad that you are choosing to get in there and not just wait on the sidelines. To be active, not passive. To take steps in the direction that God would have you to go, instead of waiting for the sidewalk to move you.

Love you, Karen!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios