Can you guess what I have been doing these past few days?
Yep, purging and cleaning and getting ready for
a garage sale.
Every year one of my good friends and I get together right after school ends to have our annual garage sale. And every year I wonder when did all this stuff come into my house? I try to be vigilant to get rid of stuff, but I always end up with so much junk stuff for this sale.
However, it is a good time to give the house a thorough cleaning and train my kids to eat frozen pizza during the week. Ha. Usually by this time I am asking myself is it really worth it or would it be better to just donate everything?But, the kids love and look forward to it. The girls usually get together with their friends and sell their homemade jewelry and sometimes the boys sell donuts and drinks. It has become a tradition and it is fun to see what people will buy and what you end up donating after all.
What about you? Do you have an annual garage sale?
Or are you smarter than me and just donate everything? =)

13 joyful people left comments:
I totally grew up doing rummage sales! They would be at my grandma's with my mom and grandma's cousin joining, too. They were so fun! There would be donuts from the bakery for breakfast, and Grandma always had "lunch" ready to go - lots of cookies! Grandma's cousin died this spring, and my fondest memory was her teaching me how to count back change at the rummage sale.
My mom left me a voicemail yesterday asking if I had anything to put on the rummage sale this year. :)
Have fun with yours!
I think a garage sale will be one of the first things I do after we move. We had two huge ones right before we moved. Boy, is it time!
The past few years I have been donating everything. When we had our first yardsale at this house, only a handful of people came. We are in a location that is a bit remote, so it is not worth all the effort.
This year our TBQ group is trying to raise money for Nationals so we are going to take all our stuff to the church for a yardale. Let's hope we make some money!
Blessings,
Karen
I've always wanted to have a garage sale, but I think I'm just too tired to organize one!
I'm always amazed at all the things you do!!
Oh, I'm not smarter than you--I'm lazier!!!! It's just easier for me to put it all in a pile and then have John load it in the truck to donate it. I'd LOVE to have the motivation to do a garage sale, but sadly...don't.
In my defense, I do take a picture and keep a list (which is a PAIN!) of what we donate so I can itemize at the end of the year. :)
Karen,
Can you come do one for me, too? I'd love to have a garage sale but living in a more rural area seems to make it challenging, so I end up donating everything. :( And, I have serious purging-fever right now. Hugs!
Karen,
It may be a lot of work but it sounds like a lot of fun also. Sending you hugs and hoping for even more fun this year. No summer traditions for us except the occasional bbq, i loooooooooove bbq.
Karen,
It may be a lot of work but it sounds like a lot of fun also. Sending you hugs and hoping for even more fun this year. No summer traditions for us except the occasional bbq, i loooooooooove bbq.
DONATE for me! The last sale I had was 2 years ago to sell the baby stuff. I promised I would never keep that much stuff again! Now, every few months I go to goodwill. Hope ya'll do great!
I let other people have the garage sales. If they aren't having any we take it to Goodwill
Hubby and I are planning our first ever garage sale. and we've got lots of stuff!! I wonder if they will appeal to someone else. I too think about maybe just donating the items, but we've decided to do the garage sale. should be interesting. good luck with yours and let us all know how it turns out.
I either throw it away or donate it. Just because I am lazy.
I am the same way. We went through our house for stuff for a family having a yard sale to fund raise for their adoption. I have no idea where all of this STUFF multiplies, but there is always a ton. :)
Blessings,
Amy
Post a Comment