It's next to the last week of June
And my to-do list doesn't have many checks.
I went out to lunch with a friend this week
And tried not to laugh out too loud
But halfway
Threw caution in the wind.
Although I tried to not use my hands too much
Remembering that my best friend in college wrote a paper
On my tendency to use my hands
When I talk.
I didn't ask to see her grade.
I painted all the trim in the bathroom and hall
And noticed a nick in the paint
And preceded to scratch it.
You can see where this is going, right?
A sheet of paint peeled off.
Ooops.
I should have tested to see if that was enamel before I painted latex.
Sanding and priming and a few choice words began
(mild choice words..like piddle-paddle and poo).
My five year old was frustrated with me
Because I didn't realize his 'corn' meant chlorine.
As in, "Mom, the corn dish is stuck next to the donut in the pool."
Got donut, not corn.
I downloaded Toy Story 3 as my screen saver.
Scared the woo-woo out of me when I walked past my computer.
Do all screen savers incorporate sound?
We are eating at our favorite chinese restaurant again this week.
The fifth time this month with different friends.
I don't think I crave chinese anymore.
Did I mention I love summer?
I do.
The end.

10 joyful people left comments:
That sounds like a lovely start to the summer! Isn't it nice just to say - oh well! :)
Your choice words are hilarious! And I would never have figured out "corn" either! I'm so glad you are enjoying your summer. I was thinking today, this has been the best summer I can remember with my kids. I'm so thankful! and I love summer too, sweat & all!
Sounds like you are having a lovely summer so far.
You are so funny! Although I don't think I would have been enjoying having to sand and repaint, it's a memory that will last... :)
Hope you have a great day today, my friend! It's supposed to be a little nicer here today than yesterday...only 93 degrees...so glad I have a/c! :)
Karen,
I wish I could have the privilege of seeing you talk with your hands. :) So glad you're enjoying summer...adventures and all. Much love to you, friend.
I love summer, too...and especially the willy-nillyness of it al! Just painted my kitchen, in my own typical willy-nilly fashion. Also...totally talk with my hands! (no one has ever written a paper about it, though!)
Have a great day!
I love chinese food! :) I think I need to learn to "throw caution to the wind". Hope you have a lovely day!
You are cute! I loved this and needed it tonight. A laugh and a few smiles.
loving you, ~ linda
Did you unstick the corn? :) LOL that is too cute!
Ugh... peeling paint. It's a nightmare. We painted bookcases this week. "We" as in David. I was worried about white paint and books being taken on and off the shelf. Apparently painting NEW wood is much easier than painted over previously stained wood! I think this paint might actually stick for the long haul! Woohooo!
I hope you get a little Mexican or BBQ to eat this month. Nothing says summer like fajitas and ribs! Yum.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today ~ yours is lovely!
Blessings,
Katie
Post a Comment