Monday, October 25

Rebekah's Anniversary Heaven Day






On the morning of Rebekah's anniversary Heaven  date, we all gathered as a family to remember her precious life and to read and open all the cards and packages we received from family and friends. It was a sweet and tender time as we cried and remembered and thanked God for her little life.

We then released pink balloons at her "doorway."  The sky was so clear and so brillantly blue that we were able to track the balloons for a long time.

One of our friends wrote a beautiful poem to remember little Rebekah on this date.  It touched our hearts and reminded us of our hope in Christ.

Rebekah Joy

a dainty flower
wilts and dies
a lily-white dove
soars up to the sky
it seems that Death
appears to win
when our Father
calls one to Him
unable to wait
to hold this one
he prematurely
whisks her home
in His arms
she is held tight
and i'll cry
with you tonight
only comforted to know
the He loves her so

 

"...making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth."
Some days a lifetime seems too long to wait for that day when all will be united in Christ. But one day we will awake whole.


It was a beautiful day to remember a beautiful life.

Many other things transpired that day, but I think we will hold them close to our hearts for now.

Until we see her again,
Rebekah Joy's Mommy

11 joyful people left comments:

Susan said...

What beautiful pictures. We just celebrated Elias' heavenly birthday this weekend. Prayinfg for you right now.

trennia said...

(((HUGS)))

belle said...

how precious and sweet..... (((((hugs)))))

Donna said...

So very precious, my friend...

Hugs to you and yours.

Amy said...

Beautiful pictures. Hugs.
Amy

Jennifer said...

So beautiful! The poem is precious! Thank you for sharing such a special day! xoxo

Cassidy said...

A very beautiful way to devote to your precious girl. I have a daughter named Hannah Joy, like your sweet Rebekah Joy. I haven't lost a child but one of my best friends lost all 3 of hers at once in a homefire one night where she was also severely born. We release balloons on holidays and bdays and such... and we go out there often with things I've made. I did some beading on florist wire and put their names and such on each one and we wired them around the middle of each of their vases. God bless you as you go through this journey.
*hugs* as I think of you this evening. Cass

Molly said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. I've been thinking about you this week. Did you each write her a note on the balloons?

Trisha said...

Thank you so much for sharing this special time with us! It's beautiful! Continuing to hold you close in my thoughts and prayers.

Elaine said...

Loved sharing the day with you through pictures. I am thankful the Lord gave you beautiful weather as well as a beautiful day full of special things. Hugs!!!!

Holly said...

It was beautiful and I just love her flowers.

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios