Monday, October 11

Seining

This past week, S's Apologia science class took a field trip to a local lake and aquarium.   The kids were going to seine for creatures in the lake.

Let me put out this disclaimer here.   I had no clue that a word like 'seine' existed. My husband kept saying that word, but I thought he was saying 'saying.'   Follow me? Probably not. =)

Anywho, after I realized a word like that existed and that my husband was one up on me, my heart for him just swelled.  Okay, not really.  But I was impressed.  He is a brilliant engineer, but his vocabulary skills are limited to RTUs and electrical terms.

In all fairness to me, though,  after finding out what is involved in seine, I realized why I didn't know that word.   Nope, not my cup of tea.

Here is J and S holding a turtle.

 Yes, I quickly pulled out my hand sanitizer.
If you knew me, you wouldn't be surprised.=)

This picture may have or may have not been taken after Dale slipped on a rock and
landed on his back porch.
 What a trooper!
And reason #4555600 why I do not care to learn how to seine.



J is so proud to show me his leeches and other slimy water things.
Reason # 444478876 for why I do not seine...creepy and slimy things lurking in the water.

But all in all, it was a great day!  And I stayed dry and creature free.
 A successful field trip in my book!


10 joyful people left comments:

Sarita Boyette said...

This is not about water creatures, but I noticed your baby girl's Heaven Day is tomorrow. I wanted to send you extra love and prayers for whatever emotions you may have then. I know there will be happy ones, I know there will be some sad ones, and I know you are happy she is with the Lord if she couldn't stay here on earth. (((HUGS)))

Linda said...

Praying for you.
Love your post today and your precious photos.
Blessings

Karin said...

It looks like your kids had fun! I like outdoorsy things, but not so much handling any variety of animals. I'm with you on that one. :)

Jennifer said...

I heart Apologia! I'm with you on the water creepy crawlies! Thinking of you!

 The Morris Family said...

I know tomorrow is a special day of joy and tears. I wanted to drop a little note so I would not forget to do it tomorrow! God is so merciful, so good and kind, we don't understand but we can trust his heart! May you feel his grace tomorrow as you remember your sweet little girl.

Thank you for encouraging me too!!

Cindy

Lori said...

Just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you and holding you close to my heart...know these days are tough and tomorrow will be emotional. I've been so behind on so many things, but wanted to make sure I sent you love.

Umm, I have to say, though, I laughed so hard about your heart swelling with pride knowing Dale knew that word and what it meant. I'm SO the same way with John. When he rearranges a sentence so it doesn't end with a preposition, it makes my heart go pitter patter!!!!!! (Not to mention that I think it's funny his engineer/pilot brain even now thinks about those things!)

Leanne said...

We're looking into Apologia right now! I really want to do the curriculums!!

Yeah, I think I'd like to look at the kids' things after they got done seining, but not touch them!!

By the Way, there's a river in Europe called the Seine River. I do believe it's in France.....just an interesting fact.

I am going to be praying for you tonight and tomorrow that God would wrap you thickly in extra grace and peace tomorrow, dear one.

Elaine said...

Enjoyed the post. I see tomorrow is a day of remembering your precious baby girl. I will be praying for you.

Susan said...

Well it looks like the kids had a great time. I would have been with you though dry and creature free.

Susan said...

I just looked at the date that tomorrow will be, I will be praying for you, and thinking of you.

Remember God is holding you in His great big tender hands.
Susan

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios