And I was reminded what Washington Irving said about tears:
“There is a sacredness in tears.
They are not the mark of weakness, but of power.
They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues.
They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.”
I have such unspeakable love for that little girl. And I felt a need to let God know that.
But of course, He already knew.
I would like to think that He turned to Rebekah and told her of my love.
Regardless, I know that my tears are not wasted. He gathers them up and puts them in a bottle.
But tonight my heart ached so, and didn't think I could bear it another minute.
So, I told Him that. And He rushed in. And filled my heart as only He can do.
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds
Psalm 147:3
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 147:3
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18
I am glad He is there for me. And that He loves me. And that He knows my suffering.
Thank you, Lord.
Thank you.
I am glad He is there for me. And that He loves me. And that He knows my suffering.
Thank you, Lord.
Thank you.

12 joyful people left comments:
well said.... i have never felt Him more than when i reach out and say, "God i can't take it any more, do something" :) and He does like only He can!
we do serve an awesome God!
Ah, a beautiful post.
I am so glad to be a child of God, to not be lost in this sea of grief and pain. What would we do without Him?
I mean, what would we DO without Him?
"Even in laughter the heart aches"
And I'm so glad he saves me and you in our brokenness!
I am thirsty for His presence here!! I know He will meet me.
God bless you, dear one!
Ah, a beautiful post.
I am so glad to be a child of God, to not be lost in this sea of grief and pain. What would we do without Him?
I mean, what would we DO without Him?
"Even in laughter the heart aches"
And I'm so glad he saves me and you in our brokenness!
I am thirsty for His presence here!! I know He will meet me.
God bless you, dear one!
Yes, dear friend! He knows your suffering better than any of us do, and I'm so thankful for your testimony in drawing close to Him. Praying for you and thinking of you so often. Tears are a gift from the Lord!
Those days are hard, but you're right, we can't avoid them. You cried out, just as God wants us to do, and God heard. Those tears are healing and are another outward sign of your unending love for Rebekah. Much love to you, friend.
I think tears are a kind of balm for the soul. They have healing power. Like you, I too like to think that God tells Eli of my love. Praying for you dear friend! xoxo
Oh, my sweet friend,
How my heart hurts for you...but I know the Lord knows your heartache better than I do. May you continue to feel His presence. Praying for you often during my day.
xoxo
She knows, Karen. He tells her. Sending you lots of love and many prayers. xoxoxoxo
Beautiful post...so relate. This week end I was at a ladies retreat. A friend and I were talking about her mother who went home to the Lord a couple months ago and how in the middle of Home Depot standing where the Christmas decorations were she just went to pieces. She said, "it is what it is". "I have children and we have to have Christmas but it is hard" From there we began to talk about grief. She has a son and I have a daughter in heaven. We talked of tears and missing and just how we have dealt with those losses in our lives. I am going to send her the quote from your post. I know it will bless her. So thankful for the comfort the Lord is giving you!!! He will continue!
Oh this post was beautiful. I love the quote from Washington Irving. I need to write this down because sometimes i cry and try to explain why when really there is nothing to explain.
Thank you again for blessing me with your openness to share.
Susan
I am right there with you...can't hold grief back.
Happy heavenly birthday Rebekah! It sounds like you all had a lovely day, and I love the poem your friend wrote for you :)
Post a Comment