Thursday, January 20

Run to live your life right where you are...



This week I received this in the mail...

 
I had placed an order Monday and on Wednesday we heard our doorbell ring at around 10 in the morning...
 
Which never ceases to send shivers up our spines...
We are usually still in our pajamas, homeschool books strewn, special-if-put-in-the-dryer-will-shrink clothes hanging from doorframes, couch pillows masquerading as forts...blah, blah, blah...you get the picture...
 
So after the kids peeked out the blinds to make sure the coast was clear, they opened the door to find a box left by Fed Ex.
 
Hmmm...I wasn't expecting anything...but I tore it open... and I think doves and butterflies flew out on rays of sunshine...
Okay, not really...but pretty close=).
 
I was so surprised and excited!!! I held all restraint and didn't read my copy (I ordered two, one to give to a dear friend) until last night. Now I wished I ordered two copies for myself. One to just keep on my nightstand and be pretty, the other to write on and dog ear and highlight and underline...
Hmm...my friend doesn't know I ordered her a copy...=)...
 
Ann's website, A Holy Experience, was a bright light that shone through my computer screen late at night when I couldn't sleep after Rebekah went to Heaven...
Many nights I would be restless and my dreams would be less than comforting and I would click to her site to read her poetry...
 
And eventually I began my own One Thousand List and my heart would start shifting from what was taken away to what has been given...

That heart of gratitude is what helped pull me through those dark, dark nights...
 
Ann may never know the impact she has on my life and I am okay with that.
I know that she would rather me talk about the impact Christ has on my life.
 
So seriously, go get this book...run...not walk, to your nearest bookstore.

It will have you running to Jesus...and live life right where you are.
 
You are a gift to me,

 



P.S. Thank you all for all the beautiful comments about our announcement yesterday. Yes, we are pretty much over the moon excited! But please keep me in your prayers, if the Lord brings me to your mind. I don't want the enemy to steal any joy from this pregnancy. Thank you from my tender heart! 

8 joyful people left comments:

Kat said...

So excited about this book!!! Ordering my own copy today... daysprings has them on sale for $10!!!

Susan said...

I have heard about this book. my mother just started reading it. I am in the middle of a book called "Choosing Gratitude" so I will have to pick this one up next.

Susan said...

Karen@ onhavingfaith.blogspot.com has a pregnancy prayer list. I had her put my name up on it as soon as i found out. I too did not want the enemy stealign my joy. She has been such a blessing to me this pregnancy you might want to think about having her put you on he list.
Susan

Bekah said...

1. I have heard so many good things about this book and can't wait to read it!

2. TOTALLY missed your post yesterday somehow - oh my GOODNESS! I am so so so so excited for you!

3. LOVE that quote you put yesterday's post - that your doctor told you. That is going into my journal and I'm clinging to its promise myself.

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

You talk about Him beautifully and He's changed my life too....

Over the moon with you! Praying for you and peace right now...

Just. so. grateful.

Humbly,
Ann

Elaine said...

I have heard so much about this book. I have to order it! Sounds wonderful!

Shayne said...

God bless you and your new little one sweet lady. I bought Ann's book online and wow...just wow.

Elaine said...

I just got my book in the mail last week and am reading it. What an awesome book. It fills me with excitement to write my words of thankfulness! Trying to wait till I read the entire book.

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios