Monday, January 3

SEE

Every year I start my year with a focus, a word that drives my year and my thoughts (hopefully on Him).

Last year it was Abide.

What a year 2010 was of abiding in Him, abiding in His word, abiding in His love and promises...!

This year, I have been praying for my word or theme. I thought I had it, but another word kept coming to mind.  At first, I thought it was because I just finished reading Mary Beth Chapman's book, Choosing to See, but now I think it is much more than that. I think it is what God wants me to do this year...
SEE.

Not only through physical eyes, but to SEE through spiritual eyes.


For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
1 Corinthians 13:12

So my word for this year is: SEE...


When you see this, your heart will rejoice
and you will flourish like grass;
the hand of the LORD will be made known to his servants... Isaiah 66:14
 
I can't wait for what God has in store for me to SEE for 2011...

 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:19

 

So, do you theme your years or have a word that you focus on throughout the year? Please share, if you do. I would love to hear what you are focusing on this year.



Edited to Add: After coming up with this word I ran across Monica's blog post this morning. She wrote about this beautifully. I do believe God is moving and working...=)

8 joyful people left comments:

Bekah said...

I had to chuckle when I read your post because I do theme verses rather than theme words for the year, and today I posted about my year verse(s) - Isaiah 43:18-19. I had done a word study on them on New Year's Day and shared in today's post the amazing things that God allowed my heart to see in that study. And someone pointed out that I missed the word SEE!!! So I've been pondering that all da...and now your post...I don't think it's coincidental!

Karin said...

I've been thinking about you lately as I ponder what 2011 will bring for me. The theme that keeps coming back to me: be joyful.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12

Being joyful is intentional whereas happiness is a fleeting emotion. The last two years have been hard, and I'd go so far to say that 2009 was bad. I have much to be joyful about this year (and always), and I'm going to do my best to live in it each day.

Elaine said...

loved your post and now will pray about what my theme for the year will be. I like this idea!!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Love it! See sounds like a great word. I loved Monica's post, too! I emailed you today about a little shipping mishap. Hoping I emailed the right Karen. I'm so confused now!!! Looking forward to hearing from you so I can fix my goof!

Love to you...

Susan said...

Love this post, and I love your word for the year. Mine would have to be WAIT. We have major changes coming our way in the next few months and both hubby and I want to Wait upon the Lord and let Him do the directing. We seem to try to take over so I will see if my word will help me with these changes.

Mattie said...

I love your word for the year! SEEing is so important! Praying for us all to SEE more clearly through the eyes of God this year and always!

Katie said...

I love hearing your heart, Karen. I remember you choosing a word last year like it was yesterday.

Happy anniversary, too. ; ) Precious pictures!

Heather said...

Hi Karen! I was so happy to stumble across your blog from another one! I didn't know you were a blogger! :) I know we don't know each other that well in "real life" but I look forward to reading your blog and getting to know you better!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios