Friday, December 10

10!

My third child just celebrated her 10th birthday! I can't believe that I now have three children in the double digits!


On her actual birthday, I let her make and decorate her own cookie 'cake.' This is the first year we tried this, but it was a big hit! This may become a new tradition.
 
She then had a small party with her friends this weekend. She did not want any sort of theme, which was fine with me=).  I used to spend a lot of time thinking of games, baking the cake, doing all the decorations, but as the kids have gotten older (and me, too) I have pretty much allowed them to plan their own parties. So 'S' came up with a hodge-podge of activities...gingerbread house decorating, pinata, Twister, Bop-it, basic cupcakes and time left over to just play. 

 Ten years ago this mismatch of ideas and lack of theme would have bothered me. Today, I am much more mellow about things.
I think that is a good thing=).


I am so glad that the LORD blessed us with 'S' ten years ago.
She brings so much joy in our lives!

2 down and 1 to go!

6 joyful people left comments:

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

What a great idea!! i love that you allow her to plan her own parties! Wonderful...and it looked like a ton of fun, too! =)

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful little lady! I love that she got to plan her own party!

Leanne said...

I think 10 is a transition age for girls, or, at least I've noticed it is for my girls. They shed their "little girlness" and become young ladies.....booo hooo! Are you noticing this too, or is it just me?

We have an 'S' that's turning 10 in about three weeks. She's amazing.

I think your 'S' looks just like you, and that's beautiful!

Happy birthday to your young lady!

Susan said...

I like the cookie idea. I think I am going to ask for this for my birthday.

Shandrea said...

Happy belated Birthday S. It looks like she had a great time! Hugs!

Elaine said...

She is so pretty!! Sounds like a fun party!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios