This past weekend I went out shopping with my oldest son. Of course I had to go to my favorite store, Hobby Lobby, despite my son's desperate protests (I told him I am training him for his future wife). He doesn't see any value in a store that doesn't carry Legos (go figure).
There are some other babies that also have temporary markers where she is buried. This area is called Innocence Garden and it is a place set aside for babies. It is so precious and sad to see all the little markers adorned with baby momentoes ( stuffed animals, little angels, etc). We have become familiar with some of the little ones' names and it breaks our hearts to see so many in this dedicated area. Like a dad, Dale went around tonight and stood up fallen Christmas trees on the other babies' "doorways."
I had the intention to look for Christmas flowers for Rebekah's "doorway". Currently she has a temporary granite marker because I haven't made up my mind on what I want her permanent marker to say (Who would have thought I would have to make this decision? Sad, sad...). The temporary marker does not have a vase, so it is difficult to put flowers on her marker. So trying to decide on what to put on her marker has been a little tricky.
There are some other babies that also have temporary markers where she is buried. This area is called Innocence Garden and it is a place set aside for babies. It is so precious and sad to see all the little markers adorned with baby momentoes ( stuffed animals, little angels, etc). We have become familiar with some of the little ones' names and it breaks our hearts to see so many in this dedicated area. Like a dad, Dale went around tonight and stood up fallen Christmas trees on the other babies' "doorways."
Anyway, I could not find any flowers, so I opted for a Christmas tree instead. I found two little pink "bling-bling" trees that made me smile. They may be a little too shiny, but they reminded me of my girls. I bought one for Rebekah and one for our home to remind us of her. That one is on our mantle with our Christmas village. The children love it and our four year old will say "That's Rebekah Joy's tree, mommy."

Oh, how I would have loved to have had her here with us this Christmas.
::sigh::

7 joyful people left comments:
The trees are beautiful, Karen! I am praying for you today...
I love Rebekah's bling, Karen. I know she does, too.
Tears.
Tears for you, dear. Tears for all the grief represented at the place where Rebekah lays.
Tears for all the Mamas in this same season....
I think the tree is precious.
Up at the Memorial Park there are also lots of babies, from down through the ages, around where Janie lays, and the other day, I visited there by myself, which I never have done, ever, and I cleared off all the leaves that were fallen on the markers.
I do hope this Christmas won't be too painful for you. I pray times of refreshing, times of peace and times of many smiles for you, dear one.
I love that you're trying to find the joy these days.
***hugs***
I think the pink tree is so right for your sweet Rebekah!!!! I know yur children are blessed as you make her apart. I do that with Joel. I found the box you mentioned at Abbey Press, I want to get one but will see if teh Lord provides through grandparents Xmas money that they give.
Praying.....
Cindy
(((hugs)))
what an adorable tree! and i think it is a great idea two have bought two like you did.
today i bought a little hand sweeper/brush/thingy to brush the dirt off christian's marker whenever i stop by. i plan on keeping it in the car.
you are right, it is sad sad that we have to try sum up our hearts and their precious lives in such a short space. take your time. there is no rush. you won't regret waiting until you have complete peace and confidence in your decisions!
love,
marsha
It's beautiful. And sad, all the things bereaved mummas think of doing that we never thought we would.... (((Hugs)))
First of all, I'm so sorry for you loss. I just found your blog through the 25 days of giveaways and I just had to comment on this post.
Beautiful. And...I actually have the exact same little pink tree on my Shyla's grave. When I was reading your post, my 2 year old saw the tree and said, "Shyla's tree!!!"
Thank you for making me feel a little bit more normal!
Post a Comment