We got away for a few days to one of our favorite places to go at Christmas--Silver Dollar City!
It was so cold, but we had a great time as a family!
I was surprise how emotional I got before we left.
This has been the first trip away from home since
Rebekah passed away.
I cried right before we left because I had this sad feeling we were leaving her behind.
But we know she was not left behind:).
She's in heaven having a much better time than what we will ever experience in Branson or on earth:)!

4 joyful people left comments:
Karen,
It looks like you all had a fun time! I have never even heard of Silver Dollar City...I bet it was beautiful!
Praying specifically that God will give you a joyous day~in Him!
Looks like a wonderful time!! =)
I understand completely the feelings of leaving Rebekah behind....We're moving up north of here and I'm leaving Janie here. I hate that feeling! I'll pray for you...
A friend of mine said to me in an email that I needed to kill the enemy with Joy. She advised me to look for the joy in each day, each moment, no matter how small it is. Good advice, and I'm passing it on to you!
I'll pray for joy for you today!
Karen ~ I felt the same way the first time we left home for a few days. It just didn't feel right to leave without Reese.
I'm so glad time with your family was good. GOD keep you close today and the coming weeks...
Post a Comment