Sunday, December 27

Nevers

Nevers

Inspired by this post, my list of "nevers"...

I've never sung karaoke.

I've never jumped off of a diving board.

I never thought I would enjoy doing laundry (Hi. My name is Karen and I'm addicted to the smell of Tide).

I've never regretted praying at sixteen after seeing Dale with his date that he would wait and not get married until I was twenty (he did wait and married me when I was twenty *insert smiley face*).

I've never eaten lobster.

I've never broken a bone.

I never thought I would be a stay-at-home mom.

I never thought I would have five children.

I never believed I would have to say goodbye to one too soon.

I never thought I would homeschool.

I've never fit into that size two dress in the back of my closet since  
     my early twenties (time to admit that).

I've never been skiing.

I never thought doing nothing with someone you love would be
    fun.

I never thought I would start a blog.

I've never not gotten choked up while watching The Sound of Music (or The Bell's of St. Mary's).

I never thought my house would be strewn with Legos and Little
   Pet Shops.

I never thought I would drive a mini-van.

I never imagined I would be a mom of a teenage girl and love it.

I never dreamed I could love someone as passionately as I do
  now.

I've never seen or read a Twilight movie or book (don't plan to
  either=) ).

I've never cried so hard in my life than in the past two months.

I've never embraced 2 Corinthians 12:9 like I have these past few months.

I've never had a hairstyle I have liked (came close, but no cigars).

I've never gone to bed without brushing my teeth.

I've never used my wedding china (or my wedding everyday dishes, either).

I never thought I would enjoy smelling my children's fresh 
  washed heads.




Hmmm...I'm sure I can think of other "nevers".  How about you?

**edited to add the words in red 'cause they are kinda important to me right now =)

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."  2 Corinthians 12:9

2 joyful people left comments:

Leanne said...

I love this!

I'm stealing it!!

That's all...

(((Hugs)))

Katie said...

Amazing verse! The LORD brought you to mind on Christmas morning, and I prayed for you. Please know my heart hurts for you so much. You are a precious mom.

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios