This was what my day felt like yesterday. I got up late so I didn't get to my quiet time before the kids got up. I received an email that made me cry and wonder why I still let things sting. Something else happened that made me angst and then made my oldest feel terrible. I received another email from someone that made me think about some decisions that I really have been praying about and now those decisions were forefront on my mind again. I was crabby to my children, so now my children were crabby. I snapped at Dale and didn't answer his call when he tried to call back and apologize. I was having an extremely bad hair day. I forgot to eat lunch and had the worst tummy ache all day. My youngest had a runny nose in Target and I forgot to bring tissues. That same child dropped his sucker on the floor which resulted in a mini-melt down. I overspent at Target (what else is new?) which threw off my grocery budget for next week.
And then I came home to find this by my front door...
And I stopped.
And I thanked God for using someone to remind me that He loves me.
That someone was thinking of me.
That my day really wasn't that bad after all.
That I really need to go back and start all over.
All because someone took the time to reach out and let me know they were thinking of me.
May I never underestimate the power of kindness and always be obedient to the prompting to reach out to others.
You never know if they are having a
Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day...
The end.
P.S. Thank you to the person who anonymously brought a "hug" to my door. You are a treasure!


7 joyful people left comments:
Oh what a wonderful surprise in such a rotten day! The Lord is so good to tend to our needs and always knows exactly what will help.
I want to tell you that your comments on my blog make me feel like someone really cares. I feel like I am walking down a lonely desolate road and people walk by me but don't even notice. Your words of encouragement and telling me you are thinking of me really are a blessing. just this morning as I stood in my kitchen not wanting to be a mom and just run away. I looked at my blog and there was a comment and it was from you and it made me feel like I am not alone on this journey. Thank you for brcoming a ne w bloggy friend.
Susan
God is so good~He knows exactly what we need when we need it! I'm so glad the sender listened to the Holy Spirit...What a special blessing you received, and I am so glad that things were "made right" with the ones who needed it. I often have a hard time doing that, but it's something I am working on!
Hope today is a good day for you.
(((((hugs)))))
God is so awesome isn't He? He knows what we need and when we need it.... and i'm so glad i'm not the only one who struggles to put one foot in front of the other sometimes:D
you are a blessing
Karen, (((hugs!)))) I hope today is much sweeter to you than yesterday! I think I may need to get that book, it's looks cute with a dose of honest goodness days that truly can be filed under it's title. Thanks for sharing. We. Are. Not. Alone. So glad to know I'm not the only Mom with crabby moments. We know Mommy's have them, but in blogland, sometimes just the roses are written. Not that I don't mind the roses, love'em, but reading about the thorns is refreshing too. :)
that's so sweet!
Wow, what a powerful message. I needed to hear that.. It seems that I too have those days all too often. Thank YOU for reminding ME that "He" loves me!
Have a great weekend! I would love to come back and ready more of your blog!
Post a Comment