
Kelly is a precious woman (from my home state :smile:) who asked for links to those who may be able to offer encouragement to others in different walks of life. I really hesitated to link my blog when I first heard this because I really don't know how much encouragement I offer through this blog. In all honesty this blog has been cheap therapy for me=).
But I do remember those first few weeks after Rebekah went to Heaven and how I would spend hours every night reading others' blogs, clicking on links, reading comments...just trying to find connections, words of comfort, scriptures for my hurting heart...
So maybe someone can use my blog as a springboard to find other blogs and links that will help them heal.
So maybe someone can use my blog as a springboard to find other blogs and links that will help them heal.
And If you have come here because of a loss, know you are not alone. There are many precious women that will help encourage you along (just like they did and are doing for me) and I am one of them =).
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up..."
1 Thessalonians 5:10-11

14 joyful people left comments:
Wow, your faith is just inspirational! What a lovely blog you have.
Cxx
I remember frantically clicking away at all hours of the night reading blogs and finding wonderful people to connect with. You have offered me much encouragement through this journey without our precious loved ones with us. I am thankful for that and happy you linked your blog to help others. xo
Just knowing we're not alone is one of the greatest encouragers!
Just wanted to share my website with you, helping those with infertility and loss. Dancing Upon Barren Land ~ Spiritual Nourishment for the Infertility Road. www.dancinguponbarrenland.com
Thanks, the Lord bless you,
Lesli Westfall
Oh your blog is definitely encouraging! I know for me, when I find others struggling to get pregnant like myself, I find comfort in that somehow.
Hi, Karen,
Just stopping by to let you know I am praying for you today. You are definitely an encouragement to me!
Hi Karen,
On October 22, 2009 we joined a "club" we never thought we ever would join. We had tried for our first child for so long and 3 years later we finally got pregnant. We miss our son every single day and long for the day when we can see him again.
I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for you!
I really do not know how i found your blog. I found it one night while looking at blogs and you have been an encouragement.
Thank you
I clicked over from Kelly's blog and all I can say is I'm in prayer for people like you who have lost so tragically.
And I applaud you for wanting to encourage others that have gone through loss of a child. Just being willing to be open, honest and real is an encouragement in itself that these women are not alone.
P.S. I'm kind of partial, but Rebekah is a marvelous name. Especially spelled the way her's is. :)
Hi Karen...I found you on Kelly's blog and I'm so glad I did. I have tears in my eyes reading this...because I'm a Rebekah Joy...born as an unexpected second family to my parents. They were in their mid-forties when I showed up 31 years ago. When I was ten, my oldest sister lost her first baby to stillbirth because of an umbilical cord issue. Though he's been gone 21 years...I miss him TERRIBLY. Wanted to share this post with you - about his 21st birthday: http://bekahsbits.blogspot.com/2009/09/bits-for-sunday-september-20-2009.html
Praying for you tonight!
I find your blog very encouraging. I know others will too.
I did this very thing in the first weeks at my loss. I read blog after blog of loss, each making me feel my own pain more deeply, yet each offering healing and reminding me I was not alone.
Hi Karen, I am so glad to be able to follow your blog. It's so encouraging, so honest. Thanks for all you do sharing your story of hope and courage with women who are searching for just such a peace. Today I saw that verse from 1 Thessalonians on your post, I've been seeing that book of the Bible everywhere recently, and it's not a book of the Bible that I've really even read. It's like Job, just after I lost Sammi, that book kept popping up, I was like, enough already with Job! But I noted a verse today that I thought was so special, and because it happens to be the same book you shared on your post, I wanted to share it with you: 1 Thesselonians 1:4-5 "It is clear to us, friends, that God not only loves you very much but also has put his hand on you for something special. When the Message we preached came to you, it wasn't just words. Something happened in you. The Holy Spirit put steel in your convictions."
Post a Comment