Last night the kids had a blast dyeing their eggs. We only had one misfortune with the dye that resulted in one little person having green dots all over his face.
The green dots will not wash off.
I tried.
So, I guess he will sport green spots for the next few days=).
It is our family tradition to dye eggs and do a Spring basket the weeks before Easter, so we can focus on Easter on Easter Sunday.
I have friends that do theirs on Easter and I am totally fine with that.
But for me, it is easier for my family to do these fun activities before and then on Easter weekend (and the days before) we talk and focus on
His Death and Resurrection.
It was sad for me, though, to do eggs and have this last initialed egg placed in the carton.
I would have loved for her to be here to do her own.
But she is up with the One for whom Easter is all about.
And that makes me smile.
"He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. " Matthew 28:6

13 joyful people left comments:
Love the egss. They are so colorful.
I do WW online and it seems to be successful for me. I only sign up for 3 months because after that I am able to figure out what I can eat and how many points it will be. Good luck with thatever you decide. i know the Lord has called my body to be temple and i really have not been treating it that way. The Lord will bless us when we put our hand to it. 9 lbs is great keep it up.
I love your Easter tradition! The eggs are beautiful, and I bet those little green dots are adorable! :)
Every time I visit you, Karen, I come away refreshed, blessed, and challenged! God is using you in my life...more than you realize!
You asked the other day if my fingers got tired after filling all those eggs. Not too badly because I try to do a little at a time, and Hubbie helps me do some, too. I have three more colors to fill, then Easter grass in the bags, then fill the bags and tie them up. Not too much left.
Have a wonderful day, sweet friend! Thank you for praying for my Mom. She is doing well.
I can't wait til my boys are big enough to decorate eggs. I thought about trying this year, but I think the level of messiness would have been a little too much for me=P
Beautiful.
I love the eggs - especially with the initials! Maybe I'll dye some eggs...even though I don't have any little helpers. :)
The eggs are cute! How fun for them to do!
Oh, Karen, I know your heart so longs to have little Rebekah there with you sharing in your tradition. I'm so sorry..I know these moments will happen at every turn. Still praying... and, of course, I'm thanking God that you have an eternal perspective. Love and hugs!
Sweet initials. Thinking of you as Easter is coming.
You are soooo creative! Aaahh, I just look here and sigh. Vicariously through you, I'll live creatively. So I stop in here and just enjoy your energy for it. :))
That picture of the eggs is just precious...so, so sorry your sweet little Rebekah isn't with you, but thank God you can one day be with her...much love!
Rebekah Joy. I love that name every time I think about it!
Reading Matthew 28:6 up there made me immediately think of the cemetery and how Christian is not there.
I needed that reminder tonight. So thank you for letting God use you to help me, my friend.
Love,
Marsha
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
{I Thess 4:17-18}
Your eggs are turned out so cute. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I am joining yours. I love how fresh and spring like your blog is.
Blessings,
Amy
LOVE the pretty eggs...I miss Madison every time there is a special holiday and she is not here to enjoy it with us. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog...I love you too, and feel like I have known you for years. :)
Post a Comment