But, yet, God hears...He sees...He understands...He knows my thoughts even if I can't think clearly.
This is what I experienced this week. I had stumbled on the realization through this Bible Study that I have been keeping myself busy, trying to crowd out the grief. Maybe not intentionally at first, because my busyness had a purpose. But because it was easier to focus on other things than the hard work God wanted to do in my heart.
But He knows...He hears...He sees...He understands and He doesn't give up on me because He loves me.
And then I came to a wall. I felt stuck. I couldn't go left or right, but had to go back to deal with some things that I fully did not deal with before.
And it was hard...painful...humbling...
And during this I think in the back of my mind I was wondering where was God? This was hard work and I did not want to face this alone. The feelings and emotions were so raw and suffocating. I thought I was past this stage, but obviously I wasn't. So I talked to God, even if I didn't feel like He was listening or working or seeing. And then I remained silent. I stepped away from the computer. From talking about my grief and just waited on the Lord.
But God was working. He is working. He did not leave me to deal with this alone. He knew that I needed to go back and work on some things because ultimately that will be part of my healing.
And I saw evidence of His working through your comments.
Through those that caught me by the arm and told me they were praying for me.
Those that I felt were lifting up my arms because the battle was continuing and my arms were tired.
Through the conversation with my husband that showed God was working on both our hearts to take this to the next level. To continue to do the good work He had started in us.
And then an email came from Trisha @amultitudeofmercies. A precious sister in Christ that was obedient to God's prompting to reach out to me.
She stepped out and stepped into my heart.
I cried when I read her email. I knew it was from the Lord as a reminder to me that
He was still working...seeing...understanding...loving.
Her testimony moved me greatly and gave me the push I needed to take the next step. To not stay stuck.
And then this precious woman asked if she could pray for me...a complete stranger (but not entirely true because she is my sister in Christ)...and then post it on her blog. I was so humbled and a little nervous and yes, prideful. I do believe in prayer, but to ask for people to commit to prayer was out of my comfort zone.
But God knows that about me and He still continues to work on my heart...
Her post is up today and I wanted to cry as I read it. I probably will as I think about it through this week and reread the words she wrote. I stumble over my words, but she didn't.
She wrote with boldness and love.
And she was able to put into words the things of my heart that I couldn't articulate through this fog. I plan to print this out to pray these things over myself. Her words, I feel are God breathed, and the desires of my heart.
So, this Monday I am so very humbly grateful for Trisha and all those that have said they have been praying for me. I don't dare to list them for fear I may leave someone out. But I have not taken their prayers lightly because I have felt those prayers and have felt carried so many days.
And I am grateful for The Holy Spirit and this reminder:
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."
Romans 8:26
Please click the button below to join others in their Multitude of Mondays.


12 joyful people left comments:
thanks for the encouragement - I joined multitude!
Karen, You've got me crying, too! Thank you so much for stepping outside your comfort zone....I know I asked a hard thing to allow me to ask others to pray for you. I would have felt the same way. And how the honor is mine...how you've blessed me, and I pray others will step outside their comfort zones and commit to praying regularly for you each day. To God Be the Glory...I prayed He would give me the right words, and I'm thankful they encouraged your heart. It's all Him. May you feel His loving arms wrapped around you so tightly today as your sisters in Christ cry out to Him on your behalf. Much love and many hugs.
It is such a blessing that you and Trisha met. This post if filled with so much encouragement. Thank you for sharing.
Oh Karen, what a blessing!! I'm so glad she was faithful in doing what she felt lead to do. What a treasure these Sis's in Christ are.
How wonderful! Thank you for sharing. It's amazing and humbling to be lifted in prayer by so many. I pray for you whenever I find you on my mind.
On another note, I was excited to find a package from you in my mailbox today! Selah is new to me, so thank you for sharing! :)
Hi... I am Trishas' mother-in law... I will be glad to pray for you each morning.... God Bless You!!!! Ruth
I'm so glad Trisha stepped in the gap for you! What a wondrous blessing! I have a dear friend that has done that for me as well. To know that she is lifting you up in prayer daily is so renewing. As you said, "Those that I felt were lifting up my arms because the battle was continuing and my arms were tired.", that is how you feel. Just like Moses felt during the battle as Aaron held his arms up. The verse Trisha posted Habakkuk 3:17-19 is the same verse my dear friend shared with me! Beautiful, perfect verse that ministered to my soul! I will definitely be praying for you with Trisha, I count it an honor as well.
Your sister in Him,
Lyn
How wonderful!!! I got an email in my box today that sort of shook me today too--a complete stranger who told me that she'd been following my blog, was praying for me, and just a ton of other things that I really needed to hear.
Any time I ask God where He is (and I humbly admit I ask that often), it sometimes just takes a single comment or email or call or something along those lines to remind me He is in His people...working through them--like through you when you pray for me!
Always lifting you to Him!
Lori
Karen...here is another sister in Christ praying daily for you. I found your site through Trish's site, and I found Trish's site via Ann's Holy Experience site. God truly does direct our paths, and He is leading many to you, so we can help keep you strong.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
~Psalm 34:18 (NIV)
Hi, Karen,
What an encouraging post! I love the verse you shared at the end...isn't it amazing that God cares so much about us?
Brings to mind a Sunday School song from days gone by~
God is so good, God is so good, God is so good, He's so good to me.
He cares for me, He cares for me, He cares for me, He's so good to me! (There are several other verses.)
Praying for you today, sweet friend!
What a beautiful post. Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us! Blessings.
Beautiful the way the Lord works, thanks for sharing with us as well.
Post a Comment